PDA

View Full Version : Schaefer on the radio

Schaefer
06-01-2005, 02:17 PM
I'll be on Sports Radio 950 KJR today at 1:50 PM. If you're in the Seattle area you can tune into 950 AM. If not, you can go to www.kjram.com (http://www.kjram.com) and on the left column there's a "listen live" link. I think I'll be discussing my experiences in Europe and the upcoming WSOP. Hopefully I don't make an ass of myself.

Schaefer

MicroBob
06-01-2005, 02:28 PM
I used to do such interviews back in my days in radio.
If it was me I wouldn't make you look like an ass....but, again, that's just me.

Good luck with the interview. If they're any good at all (and they should be since they're in a major market) they'll make you feel comfortable and at ease and it will be much easier than you think.

The Dude
06-01-2005, 03:39 PM
"I'll be there, man"

nolanfan34
06-01-2005, 03:44 PM
I'll try to call in and ask some asinine question.

drewjustdrew
06-01-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll try to call in and ask some asinine question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure to add that you are intimidated to play because you do not have much of a pokerface.

ClaytonN
06-01-2005, 04:04 PM
These kinds interviewing Schaefer are loud guys.

I have a feeling how this interview's gonna go. It'll be less of an "ESPN'-ish interview and more of a "Drink and smoke with the golf buddies" interview.

"Tell me, in this tournament you played, how much did you bluff, man? 'Cause that's my biggest problem, man, I'm really not good at the bluffing. You should ask my wife, HA! 'Cause when I come home late, I've got no chance, man, no use bluffing there!"

Schaefer
06-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Sounds good. I'm kinda nervous because it's an interview over the phone. I'd much rather do it in person but I couldn't convince The Groz to come down to Carlsbad.

Schaefer

ClaytonN
06-01-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda nervous because it's an interview over the phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why be nervous? What could you possibly do that would have negative adverse effects?

From what I've heard of these guys so far, you shouldn't have to worry about stumbling over your words. These guys are doing it a lot, and laughing.

The Dude
06-01-2005, 04:09 PM
I'll give you $50 to say tell them "The Dude" taught you everything you know.

Schaefer
06-01-2005, 04:28 PM
I'll try to fit it in there. $50 is definitely worth it. We'll see.

Schaefer

Schaefer
06-01-2005, 04:29 PM
You're right. I guess it's not really nervousness...maybe easger anticipation or something. We'll see.

ClaytonN
06-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Well, Schaefer's out $50

Schaefer
06-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Yeah, went by too fast. Damn it.

bernie
06-01-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, went by too fast. Damn it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They seemed kind of hurried and not really that interested. Like they were doing it because some exec put it on their agenda. They seemed to be just trying to get through it so they could go on to something else.

I thought you did pretty good. You answered the questions well and with some insight. I think you presented yourself easily as a guest who could take calls.

I think KJR kind of blew it a little.

b

stabn
06-01-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be on Sports Radio 950 KJR today at 1:50 PM. If you're in the Seattle area you can tune into 950 AM. If not, you can go to www.kjram.com (http://www.kjram.com) and on the left column there's a "listen live" link. I think I'll be discussing my experiences in Europe and the upcoming WSOP. Hopefully I don't make an ass of myself.

Schaefer

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww [censored]. I didn't see this until 2:30.

ClaytonN
06-01-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They seemed kind of hurried and not really that interested. Like they were doing it because some exec put it on their agenda. They seemed to be just trying to get through it so they could go on to something else.

I thought you did pretty good. You answered the questions well and with some insight. I think you presented yourself easily as a guest who could take calls.

I think KJR kind of blew it a little.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. KJR is a sport-talk radio station and poker ought to be somewhat on the backburner.

Besides, I think the guy who interviewed Schaefer did a good job, even if the interview was somewhat short. He asked legitimate questions and didn't seem retarded on the subject. And Schaefer did great.

bernie
06-01-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. KJR is a sport-talk radio station and poker ought to be somewhat on the backburner.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one of the hottest 'sports' out right now. I think they could've taken the last 10 mins in the hour to do a Q&A and it would've been greatly recieved by the majority of listeners. Not saying to make it an hour long or longer show on it.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, I think the guy who interviewed Schaefer did a good job, even if the interview was somewhat short. He asked legitimate questions and didn't seem retarded on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he did ask some good questions. About halfway+ through the tone kind of changed and it seemed more hurried like he was just trying to get done with the interview.

b

The Dude
06-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Thanks for nothin' man.

VBM
06-02-2005, 05:37 PM
frick; did this end already?