PDA

View Full Version : Pushing when you know you'll be called

45suited
06-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Everybody push here even though you kinda know you're going to get called right?

Blinds 150-300
2 folds
Hero (button)t725 7h6h
SB (t1000)
BB chip leader (t4000)

I always push in a situation like this with anything even halfway decent. I figure my stack is enough to push out SB and I'll take my probable worst case 40-60 against BB chip leader to get back in the game with over over 1500 chips. With the blinds coming up in 2 hands, this is a no-brainer, correct?

This is the way I would always play in this situation, just wanted to know if my thinking is correct.

The Yugoslavian
06-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Too bad I misread the damn hand...bah!

Yugoslav

Bigwig
06-01-2005, 02:17 PM
No, I don't push here knowing I'll get called. You have 2 more hands until you're going to be forced to call from the BB. I will take my chances and wait. If I know I'm going to be called, I want to make sure that I have a hand that does decent in a heads-up all-in pot. Q5o is better here than 76s, because you may be facing only one overcard. Other good hands for this crappy situation are any A, any K, etc.

I'd push 76s more often when I do have fold equity.

Bigwig
06-01-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The flip side is that this type of SB player is likely to limp the button next hand to make sure he's along for the ride when BB pushes into you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The game is 5 handed. His BB is not for 3 hands.

The Yugoslavian
06-01-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The flip side is that this type of SB player is likely to limp the button next hand to make sure he's along for the ride when BB pushes into you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The game is 5 handed. His BB is not for 3 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah...missed the 2 folds...thought it was 3 handed somehow....ugh....that's pretty pathetic given chip counts.

I probably fold....sometimes I'll push if I think BB really will fold a large % of the time even tho he shouldn't.

Yugoslav

45suited
06-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was a leak in my game. My thinking here was that the SB had been passive (should've put that in the original post). Chip leader had been at least limping into every pot, so I thought I'd take what might be my one chance to get heads-up since there were already two folds. I didn't want to be sitting in the BB down to 420 with the rest of the table smelling blood and wake up with 28o or something.

Is this even close or is it a clear fold here for me?

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-01-2005, 02:23 PM
I would fold. 76 is not that good short handed. I would prefer to push w/ higher cards (s/b able to pull Jack or higher in 1 out of 3 hands)

Bigwig
06-01-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was a leak in my game. My thinking here was that the SB had been passive (should've put that in the original post). Chip leader had been at least limping into every pot, so I thought I'd take what might be my one chance to get heads-up since there were already two folds. I didn't want to be sitting in the BB down to 420 with the rest of the table smelling blood and wake up with 28o or something.

Is this even close or is it a clear fold here for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I think it's fairly close. Don't get me wrong.

76s is the 45% equity range against a random hand, which isn't terrible. Also, you're on the button and already have two less opponents to worry about. As oppossed to being UTG and pushing K7o, with 4 left to act. I'd push a huge range here, BTW. The type of hand, however, changes because of the near guarantee of a call (especially with the big stack in the BB).