PDA

View Full Version : 66 behind a min raise (Party $55)

Meatmaw
06-01-2005, 01:22 PM
I think options from best to worst are push, fold, call. About 48 hands are overpairs and if I put him on Ax, Kx, Q8+ then about 272 are overcards, maybe 50 or so which he'll call a push? Then there's the A2-A6, K2-K6. Comments on if typically this is too wide a minraise range I'm putting him on, or if I'm being too aggressive?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t1015)
MP2 (t725)
MP3 (t1625)
CO (t1490)
Button (t980)
SB (t1075)
Hero (t975)
UTG (t715)
UTG+1 (t1400)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t200</font>, Hero...

Bigwig
06-01-2005, 01:24 PM
I would push.

bluefeet
06-01-2005, 01:27 PM
If he were UTG and you were MPsomething, I would fold.

Given this table, I would absolutely push. I agree, that folding would be the only other option.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-01-2005, 01:29 PM
I would call here. He might be trying to steal, but he might not (raising opens you up to a re-raise). 66 is not that strong 9 handed, and if you push and are wrong you finish 9th. You will have position on him after the flop so you have a big advantage post flop.

nokona13
06-01-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would call here. He might be trying to steal, but he might not (raising opens you up to a re-raise). 66 is not that strong 9 handed, and if you push and are wrong you finish 9th. You will have position on him after the flop so you have a big advantage post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is incorrect. Maybe the minraise indicates he doesn't know what he's doing, but I would guess if you call there's a LARGE possibility of a stop and go, which you can't call unless you set up or maybe get a 345 flop. I think calling is just chip spewing...

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-01-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is incorrect. Maybe the minraise indicates he doesn't know what he's doing, but I would guess if you call there's a LARGE possibility of a stop and go, which you can't call unless you set up or maybe get a 345 flop. I think calling is just chip spewing...

[/ QUOTE ]

what is stop and go?

Phil Van Sexton
06-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Push. I'm not going to let this donkey minraise my BB for the rest of the tournament. If he has AA, so be it. If he has AK, we settle it right here.

dfscott
06-01-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. You call and he bets out 275 into a junky Q95r flop. What do you do now?

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-01-2005, 01:58 PM
so far the concensous is to push. I am surprised how many people say to push (in this thread and others). I just feel like I lose more often when I push pre flop (especially w/ a relatively weak hand), as opposed to post flop play (especially when I will have position).

Bigwig
06-01-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO STOP N' GO!!!!!!!

You are not first to act. You DO have fold equity preflop.

I'm beginning to hate the stop n' go listening to everybody recommend it every damn hand.

bluefeet
06-01-2005, 02:02 PM
the 'position' you speak of is mute --

SB was the PF riaser.
the flop WILL have an over card to your 6's.
he WILL be betting on the flop.
you WILL be folding absent a flopped set (baring a blind push).

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-01-2005, 02:02 PM
what is stop and go???

Bigwig
06-01-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is stop and go???

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a play you can use when the following criteria are met:

You're first to act after the flop (in the BB, with the SB out of the hand).

You have a hand worth playing (equity wise) against the preflop raiser.

Your stack is not large enough to make the raiser fold (no fold equity).

You call the preflop raise, and lead out all-in on ANY flop. The idea is to gain some fold equity by hoping that the flop missed preflop raisers call. If they hit and call you, and you lose, no big deal, since you would've lost anyway had you gone all-in preflop.

This hand DOES NOT qualify for two reasons:

1) You will not be first to act after the flop.
2) You have fold equity preflop.

Meatmaw
06-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Based on Bigwig's reply (and being too lazy to search), I would gather that it's where you are first to act and do not have much FE PF and you call a min raise, then push it all on the flop attempting to induce a fold based on a flop missing your opponent (rather than a small stacked push PF that encourages him to call you).

Did I win?

Meatmaw
06-01-2005, 02:08 PM
guess i lost the reply race /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-01-2005, 02:08 PM
the flop could also have an over card to the SB, and if he checks or puts a small bet in, you bet or raise... fold if reraised. If you have to fold you still have enough money to survive for a little while...

jzieg2313
06-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Dude, I do not see how a call pre-flop, bet, and fold to a raise are all possible at this point. I think if he just calls and then loses more chips along the way he is just wasting chips. I think this is an easy PUSH! He isn't pot commited with his miny raise because you still have FE. Lose a third of your chips on this hand and you don't

JZ

Fletch101
06-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Bigwig-

The poster meant that the mini-raiser would be using a S-n-Go like tactic by pushing on the flop regardless. That's why he said "which you can't call".
Of course, this situation does not fit the definition of a stop-n-go from any player's perspective.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO STOP N' GO!!!!!!!

You are not first to act. You DO have fold equity preflop.

I'm beginning to hate the stop n' go listening to everybody recommend it every damn hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

valenzuela
06-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Push, no biithc is stealing my blinds with a min-bet.

curtains
06-01-2005, 06:59 PM
I would go allin basically 100% of the time here.

lastchance
06-01-2005, 07:14 PM
I think we are inclined to agree with your initial judgment. Also, I'd hate being in L4 with 9 players still in the game.

Newt_Buggs
06-01-2005, 07:22 PM
push, and I don't think that this is a tough decision at all. I think that a better question would be what to do with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif or K/images/graemlins/spade.gif10/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I think that I'm pushing 22 here, not sure about the K10 though.