PDA

View Full Version : 10\20 Stars hand

Gustavo
06-01-2005, 12:47 PM
http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=69094

Comment the river.

chuddo
06-01-2005, 01:12 PM
that entire hand looks like something from the times me and my friends play ultra-deep stacked tiny blinds against each other and are getting wasted.

the whole thing makes me scratch my head and want to start asking for someone to transfer me 20k on stars immediately.

but since you ask for comments on the river play:
-the river push was to make him fold: AJ, A10, AQ, and AK i am presuming?

if you do not blow the hand out of the water on the river often enough with the nuts, then i can see villian picking you off here (albeit with a higher twopair than his 84).

when you raise him on the river, he has to know that you should think there is a slight chance that he himself has broadway or a set, and therefore would be weary of raising a non-broadway/set hand.

but if you did have the nuts, he might think you would make more of a value raise that is more likely to be called.

the whole thing makes me scratch my head, but it comes down to whether or not you both have played enough with each other and whether or not you ever overbet the nuts.

Gustavo
06-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah this hand , dosent sound right , a friend of mine showed me , i even request the history from ps to see if it matched and it did. But sure looks fishy

[ QUOTE ]
that entire hand looks like something from the times me and my friends play ultra-deep stacked tiny blinds against each other and are getting wasted.

the whole thing makes me scratch my head and want to start asking for someone to transfer me 20k on stars immediately.

but since you ask for comments on the river play:
-the river push was to make him fold: AJ, A10, AQ, and AK i am presuming?

if you do not blow the hand out of the water on the river often enough with the nuts, then i can see villian picking you off here (albeit with a higher twopair than his 84).

when you raise him on the river, he has to know that you should think there is a slight chance that he himself has broadway or a set, and therefore would be weary of raising a non-broadway/set hand.

but if you did have the nuts, he might think you would make more of a value raise that is more likely to be called.

the whole thing makes me scratch my head, but it comes down to whether or not you both have played enough with each other and whether or not you ever overbet the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]