PDA

View Full Version : How's the line vs a calling station?

Leaky Game
06-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Villian...102 hands...34 VPIP, PFR 5.88%, W$SD 43%, total aggression .91

Villian is BB with $78
Hero is UTG with $117 with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,

$1 Absolute 6 max, 6 handed...sorry converter doesn't work

Hero calls, 2 fold, button calls, SB completes, BB raises to $4, Hero calls, 2 folds.

I usually call with Ax in 6 max because it can hit a monster, UTG it's somewhat questionable I think. I called the PF raise because I didn't think it was terribly large considering there's 3 callers already, it could pay off huge, I have position on the PFR and I can get out painlessly if I miss the flop.

$10
4 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villian bets $9, Hero makes it $20, Villian calls.

I thought it was a continuation bet and he was protecting himself, I thought if I reraised I'd win it right here. Obviously not. Had him on Ax, didn't think Aces or Cowboys would be so large here even with the made flush on the board. Definitely not Qx /images/graemlins/spade.gif

$50
J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villian checks, Hero checks

$50
4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Jackpot..only thing I'm losing to are Kings, bullets and Jacks. Didn't think Jacks would've called my flop reraise unless one was the J /images/graemlins/spade.gif and I didn't think Aces or Kings would check the turn but if he had it, I'd pay him off.

Villian bets $10, I make it $36 (sot sure why), he calls.

What do you guys think of the flop action? Bad move on my part against a calling station? At the time, I thought my two pair were good. I took the turn check as him being scared of the made flush. With the boat on the river, thought I had the best.

Feel free to flame my line, just not me. Still working out the kinks at 6 max. (full ring too, but that's a different thread)

Leaky Game
06-01-2005, 07:01 PM
shameless bump....no comments? I leak money and need to know if moves/logic like this are the reason why.

amoeba
06-01-2005, 07:05 PM
what kind of monsters can Ax hit that other hands cant?

anacrime
06-01-2005, 07:28 PM
I think he was refering to Ax suited.

amoeba
06-01-2005, 07:54 PM
even AX suited you rarely flop monsters.

lets say you get top pair with flush draw. If villain has TT-KK, you won't get that much out of him, if he has A better kicker, you are about coinflip with him. If you flop the flush, you won't get that much action.

Even if villain was tight enough to fold TPTK when you play your pair + flush draw very aggressively, you still only get his flop bet and you simply don't flop pair + flush draw often enough to make it worth your while.