PDA

View Full Version : some 109 hands

stupidsucker
06-01-2005, 12:05 PM
I've been doing well at the 50s and taking stabs at the 100s here and there with mixed results.

I do some strange things, and I want to post some hands that I played.

Hand 1

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t935)
BB (t1165)
UTG (t2095)
MP1 (t1295)
MP2 (t950)
CO (t1905)
Button (t1655)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t75</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t120</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t275</font>, Hero calls t155.

Flop: (t580) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t250</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t830

Thought process
I want it to be HU.I have a very pesky hand. I minraise for info with a push in mind for a flop without an A or K if he cold calls me. I will fold to an all in. The Villain has a good record. I call looking for a set knowing I am beat here. Flop is yucky I mull it over one more time if I want to fire away at the pot. I quickly decided that I am indeed way behind here. Check/fold.

stupidsucker
06-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t735)
SB (t1275)
BB (t1800)
UTG (t1430)
MP1 (t820)
MP2 (t2415)
CO (t1525)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t175</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1275 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1500

stupidsucker
06-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t560)
UTG (t2830)
MP (t1900)
CO (t895)
Button (t2115)
SB (t1700)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t175</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t125.

Flop: (t375) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t175</font>, Hero calls t175.

Turn: (t725) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t210 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t210.

River: (t1145) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1145

I was going to stop N go, but I liked the flop and I was near certain he would bet. I'm not afraid of the 8. I want him to be. I need chips. My only other option is push preflop, but I felt my $ EV was higher taking the risk.

stupidsucker
06-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1145)
BB (t2830)
UTG (t1900)
MP (t895)
CO (t1555)
Button (t1675)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls t100, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t300) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1045 (All-In)</font>, BB folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: t1345

Should I have just tried to take this preflop? Is my flop push too much?

stupidsucker
06-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1745)
BB (t3325)
UTG (t900)
Button (t4030)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1745 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Final Pot: t1945

too aggressive?

citanul
06-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Hand 1:

It's a bit different of a line than I think most people would take here. I think that most would be between calling and folding preflop. The iso raise clearly has some merit though. When you get mini-reraised there, you're in one of those spots where you kinda wish you could fold, but I don't think you actually can. In all of these hands you show a good ability to have a plan for a hand, and then change it as the situation develops. That's very good. I like your flop line, but also I think that part of the reason that most would recommend just calling or folding preflop is the sort of situation you exposed yourself to.

Hand 2:

I personally *might* open fold this here, though most likely not. If the blinds are either loose or aggressive, I'm not going to be happy about playing this hand. Since you raised, I'd probably raise a bit less (125 or 130ish?), mostly because 175 is a big chunk of your stack. (1/4 of it) At that point, when you're reraised, you might be in a spot where you have to call with 66 against an aggressive opponent (or just an opponent who plays aggressively against you). There's a big difference between 550 chips and 1500 chips, and there's a lot of dead money in there for you. So your read has to be pretty strongly towards "he'd have to have a decent pair to do that." Having gotten myself here against most opponents, I'd call and expect to be in a coinflip the majority of the time. You're going to see 22-55 here a bunch too.

Hand 3:

Again, you find a decent plan, and you improvise when situations changed for or against you. I'm not sure I necessarilly like the original plan, but whatever. We all play differently. And it was a button raise, not an utg raise. I like the change of plan on the flop since you were sure that the guy would bet, but I don't like that you didn't push over his bet. If he has K high or something, he's going to fold sometimes here to your push, (he's not going to fold any pair probably) but why give him the chance to get lucky on the turn? With 200 behind on the flop post call, I think that you have to get it in on the flop there instead of hoping he doesn't catch.

Hand 4:

This would be a decent spot to try to take the pot away preflop. The pot's a decentish size relative to your stack. Button open limpers confuse/scare me though, so I'd likely just complete here as well. On the flop the push is fine. You don't want to go for a checkraise here because well, you're going to get called if the bettor bets a decent amount, even if he's got crap. So to maximize your folding equity, I like the push. Semibluff's are good.

Hand 5:

Ni Han.

citanul

adanthar
06-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah, pretty well played on all accounts. I don't really like the gross overbet in Hand 4 and probably push Hand 3 PF but whichever, it's all close enough.

edit: I also pretty much never min-reraise on general principle so if you're gonna keep playing that first hand you'd better also do it with aces.

durron597
06-01-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Villain has a good record.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an early UTG raise. I would call for set value, but not raise. If you are playing this hand no set no bet, then you don't care if it's HU or not.

durron597
06-01-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I was going to stop N go, but I liked the flop and I was near certain he would bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would check-raise this flop. Not like it really matters you are getting allin to showdown once you check this flop.

durron597
06-01-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I have just tried to take this preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, unless the button is a known limp trapper.

The Yugoslavian
06-01-2005, 01:31 PM
1: I muck this pre-flop right off the bat. I'd certainly fold to the second raise (unless I needed to call given future image considerations). How can you call his reraise 'for set value'...where's the value if you think you'r beaten here already?!?!?!
2: I open fold this...if I were to play it, I'd push. I don't like putting in that much of my stack and have to play 66 postflop (or get moved off of it pre-flop).
3: Depending on when l4 is coming I either play this hand similarly or fold...
4: I'm liable to push this. If I call I stuff like you did...
5: Depending on BB you can make this move with an awful lot of hands (not just JJ). I certainly push JJ here.

Yugoslav

Phil Van Sexton
06-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Hand 1: I fold when re-raised preflop. You make a nice raise, and he comes over the top. I'm pulling the ripcord at this point.
You don't have enough chips to call 155 more to flop a set.

Hand 2: This hand is hurting my head. Your stack sucks and there are 7 people left, so I'd hate to fold but I might on a bad day. Pushing is not very elegant. Once you raise to 175, I think you have to call the push. He is pushing to isolate you, so there's no reason to think he has AA. Take the pot odds and pray for 55.

Hand 3: I like it. I might've checked the turn to make sure I got that last 210 from him, but whatever.

Hand 4: I probably do the same thing. I'd push preflop if I had some kind of read on the button.

Hand 5: I like this if you make sure to show your hand after he folds.

Newt_Buggs
06-01-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
so lets say you're multitabeling, haven't been paying attention, and glance over and notice that the action is on you. Are you pushing this without any reads?

Oh yeah, and IMO reraising pf with hand 1 is terrible. There are only 5 possible hands that he has here and 4 of them have you crushed. Deception means nothing if he has AA.

gumpzilla
06-01-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought about this recently. If you're pushing a lot and showing your hand on those rare occasions when it's a solid hand, doesn't this draw even more attention to how much you're stealing, because most of the time that you push you're not going to show the hand? Or are you really just interested in having a touch more FE for the very next push, nothing else?

durron597
06-01-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
so lets say you're multitabeling, haven't been paying attention, and glance over and notice that the action is on you. Are you pushing this without any reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, most people aren't limp trappers.

The Yugoslavian
06-01-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were...that would mean party deals out AA or KK like every hand on levels 3/4 to like 2 or 3 players...

Yugoslav

Phil Van Sexton
06-01-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought about this recently. If you're pushing a lot and showing your hand on those rare occasions when it's a solid hand, doesn't this draw even more attention to how much you're stealing, because most of the time that you push you're not going to show the hand? Or are you really just interested in having a touch more FE for the very next push, nothing else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you don't want to get carried away with this. I'd show in a case where a non-2+2er will be asking "wtf did he push for? I'll spite call if he keeps this up.....oh wait, he had JJ, I see." This shouldn't happen that often.

Newt_Buggs
06-01-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
my main concern isn't that they are trapping but that they are a donk limping A7 and call anyway

J-Lo
06-01-2005, 03:02 PM
I think what PVS is tryin to say when he shows his good hands when he pushes is to do it rarely (SP). I DON'T do it more than once per tourney, sometimes not even that much. I think if you show all your good hands, and not your trash/marginal hands, people tend to catch on fast. But if you show them ONE it keeps that shadow of doubt in the back of their heads, if leaves them confused. Then again, people at the 109's should know proper stealing strategy, and adjust accordingly.

J-Lo
06-01-2005, 03:04 PM
You really aren't that far behind A7o, so you take the 150 in dead money, and gambool it up. I think w/ 1100 chips you have alota FE, against anyone with 1/2 a brain-- even the donks.

durron597
06-01-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
my main concern isn't that they are trapping but that they are a donk limping A7 and call anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a $109 not an $11.

elcheapo
06-01-2005, 03:26 PM
My hand 1-5 analysis.

1. Call preflop,fold to the third raise. Its 150 to win 900 (not enough set value)
2. Easy shortstacked call, if you had a 900+ I'd fold
3.checkraise all in, or push outright the flop. Tne preflop call is okay, an ace or nine or low cards is enough to get your chips in.
4. Checkraise allin is good too, Just a personal thing for me to get more chips in the pot before I may make a play.
5. If he's aggressive, I'd limp hoping for an instapush otherwise your play is fine. Depends on the information available to you. UTG's stack is a concern but you're trying to win the tournament to maximize ROI (AK i'd instapush though)

citanul
06-01-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a $109 not an $11.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) they do it at the 109s too, it's just that at the 11s, they do it cuz they don't think at all. at the 109s, they do it and they think they've made a great play/read

b) my good friend and i like to call it trapping when they decide to limp call off their whole stacks with things like QJ and A7 as well. high comedy.

citanul

Scuba Chuck
06-01-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a) they do it at the 109s too, it's just that at the 11s, they do it cuz they don't think at all. at the 109s, they do it and they think they've made a great play/read

b) my good friend and i like to call it trapping when they decide to limp call off their whole stacks with things like QJ and A7 as well. high comedy.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

REVERSE GAP

citanul
06-01-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
REVERSE GAP

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, i'm semi-proud to admit i still don't know what that means.

citanul

stupidsucker
06-01-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did.

You have basiclly seen every hand I played for this tourny. It was all the same one in case that wasnt obvious.

When I Poproed this table everyone had a 37% plus ITM and everyone but 2 had more then 100 played at the 100s or 200s. Was really bad table selection, but my seat was awesome.

and for the record, he did have AA in hand 1. He showed after I folded. Not that it matters.