PDA

View Full Version : a girllllllll girl SSHHHHHHHHHHHH

1800GAMBLER
06-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

BB ($2000)
Hero ($4155.5)
MP ($3248)
CO ($2916)
Button ($2311)
SB ($1960)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $50</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $50, Button calls $50, SB (poster) calls $40, BB calls $30.

Flop: ($250) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $225</font>, CO calls $225, Button folds, SB calls $225, BB folds.

CO is linda12 who i've just learnt is a winning regular player but i didn't know this in the hand. SB is a aggressive player who's multitabling 4 of the $2ks.

Turn: ($925) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

So, what are my plans?

1. Easy fold to the raise?

2. If called by one of either of them and the river is a low blank?

3. If called and the river is suited?

1800GAMBLER
06-01-2005, 09:07 PM
No one likes this hand /images/graemlins/frown.gif

AZK
06-01-2005, 09:11 PM
It's a shitty situation to be in. I think no one knows of a good line so no one is responding. Would linda smooth call with AA/KK ever. If the sb is 4tabling chacnes are he lays down to a turn bet. Would either slowplay the straight? Doubtful since they are aggressive, no?

Side note: Do you normally bet pot on flop? This looks like a good place for an over bet, no?

Jonny
06-01-2005, 09:25 PM
sb is most likely on a draw IMO, so I doubt he is full on the turn.

I would be worried about the CO, but would they really smooth call PF with aces or kings. It really looks like you have everything else beat. Id fire again, and probably fold to a raise by the CO. I don't play 2000 though, so I'm not sure how the game plays.

creedofhubris
06-01-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No one likes this hand /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Great flop, abominable turn.

I think you can bet and fold to a raise.

DOTTT
06-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Tough spot, bet $600 and fold to a raise I guess.

muzungu
06-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Yuck, I dunno. I guess bet/fold is ok, but that looks like the sort of bet that is begging to be snapped off by an aggro/tricky CO, and the stacks are a bit deep for taking a stand here.

Any merit to doing something different on the flop? Thing is, there are a lot of cards you hate on the turn: 9/T/ /images/graemlins/spade.gif are probably all worse than the 8. That is a lot of scare cards to deal with. If you lead the flop and get a caller with position, you are facing an ugly turn decision fairly often. Having lead the flop, your lead on these turns might be interpreted as a scared bet and get picked off. If you check, then an LP caller has the pleasant choice of various turn/river lines.

So, perhaps a check/call? Or a check/raise? I haven't really thought through the implications of these. A check/call doesn't define your hand as well as a lead. This might get you to an easier showdown if the turn comes scary, and you can go for a turn c/r on a blank. A flop c/r puts a bettor to the test and will take it down pretty often. If the turn is checked through, you can take it down on a blank and get away cheap on a scare card.

Is this worth considering?

-muz

Leptyne
06-02-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't like a preflop raise UTG with this hand because I don't want to have to lead the flop. What kind of flop would you want where you could lead and expect some action?

OK, but now we're in the hand. I think you need to make your decision before the lead on the flop. You're either going to represent a set of Q or you're going to tip-toe through the tulips looking for an opportunity to fold with dignity. I think your preflop raise of 5BB could easily represent QQ so I'm going to lead with an overbet of $350.

I will fold to a raise and if I have callers I'll push the turn. I think this is the classic Brunson line. You don't mind pushing if you're behind because you do have some outs.