PDA

View Full Version : A very boring just a check up hand

1800GAMBLER
06-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Villian is the same winning player from the first post. He/She hasn't tilted, yet is coldcalling my raises a lot but we are both very deep.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

SB ($2279)
BB ($2189)
Hero ($5273.5)
MP ($6012)
CO ($2016)
Button ($1788)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $55</font>, MP calls $55, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($140) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $125</font>, MP calls $125.

Turn: ($390) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $200</font>, Hero calls $200.

River: ($790) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red"> Hero bets $500 </font>

Final Pot: $790

creedofhubris
06-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Nice hand.

flawless_victory
06-01-2005, 11:53 AM
what are yo gonna do if you get raised on river?

chuddo
06-01-2005, 12:23 PM
i like it for two reasons:

-your line makes it less likely to get bluff raised on the river, because villian has reason to fear a hand bigger than a pair that will autocall. so the % of a big raise on the end being a bluff is less than a lot of other lines.

-it is a bet on the end that can be called on the end by worse hands, netting you value. easy to see 99 or TT looking you up here thinking you had picked up a draw on the turn that missed.

nice hand.

Yeti
06-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Looks fine.

I doubt Villain is a winning player, FWIW.

JeffM
06-01-2005, 01:34 PM
NH sir....At first I did not like the check-call on the turn, but now that I think about it more I like it a lot. I think it's safe to put villian squarely on AJ after the turn bet, I gotta think he's raising you pf with ten's six handed. Ever consider a check raise on the river? I think if he's willing to call $500 on the end with TPTK then he would most likely be willing to value bet on the river, I think this would price him in for a call of your river raise as this move would look exactly like a missed draw from the way you played then hand. If he's bad enough to make this call on the end than he's bad enough to convince himself that he's got you trying to steal with the check raise on the end. You say he's a winning player, but after this hand I have my doubts.

durron597
06-01-2005, 01:59 PM
First post in this forum. I never wanted to post here because I don't play in these stakes, but I decided to post this time. Because I think all the responders so far are missing something. If I am missing something then I would love to know! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You are both deep enough that he is correct to call to try to flop a set and stack you. The board is rainbow and somewhat disconnected (would you raise preflop with T9?), so smoothcalling the flop bet with a set is not a big deal.

If he raises you on the river he has 44 or 88 and you should fold. The question is, do you get enough equity from the times he has AJ or QJs to make it worth it? I doubt he calls you with QJs on the river. AJ is tough but in 6 max he might find a call.

I think I would check-call the river here, I don't see what hands he calls the river bet with here that you beat besides exactly AJ. He reraises preflop with QQ.

creedofhubris
06-01-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First post in this forum. I never wanted to post here because I don't play in these stakes, but I decided to post this time. Because I think all the responders so far are missing something. If I am missing something then I would love to know! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You are both deep enough that he is correct to call to try to flop a set and stack you. The board is rainbow and somewhat disconnected (would you raise preflop with T9?), so smoothcalling the flop bet with a set is not a big deal.

If he raises you on the river he has 44 or 88 and you should fold. The question is, do you get enough equity from the times he has AJ or QJs to make it worth it? I doubt he calls you with QJs on the river. AJ is tough but in 6 max he might find a call.

I think I would check-call the river here, I don't see what hands he calls the river bet with here that you beat besides exactly AJ. He reraises preflop with QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is loose.

Any jack, TT, 99. You'd be surprised how often you get called here.

I agree that hero can fold to a substantial raise.

Slappz
06-01-2005, 04:23 PM
I definitely would not check call that river, you cant let a weak Jack check behind, make them pay you off with top pair, Ive seen players call these bets with worse hands, but im guessing if he has AJ he thinks hes ahead for sure and will pay you off. if they raise your river bet then I have to think set.

Jonny
06-01-2005, 05:33 PM
This is one of my preferred lines with overpairs in these situations. Nice hand.