PDA

View Full Version : Coldplay tour ... kinda pissed

sourbeaver
06-01-2005, 11:07 AM
So I've participated in both of Coldplay's presale and barely (had to click relentlessly for about 20 minutes to finally get tickets, which are far from great, too) got 2 out of the 4 tickets I wanted.

It seems it's getting harder and harder to fight for tickets since the internet has taken such a huge part of selling. Scalpers and brokers are all over the place, they must be snatching half of the tickets which should go to hardcore fans first, and not at 400$ per scalped ticks either...

Oh, and 10$ service charge on a 70$ ticket ? Plus 15$ shipping ? Come on... the industry is really getting ridiculous. There's no other way to go so every fan just has to dish out the dough and shut up, but being knowingly (screwed) in the (behind) doesn't make it any better.

Ok, go on with your day.

henrikrh
06-01-2005, 11:15 AM
That's why you should listen to dead muscians... try the Beatles.

bd8802
06-01-2005, 11:22 AM
I feel your pain. For the most part I have stopped going to artists concerts that command the $50+ ticket prices. I would rather go to a small venue and see 3+ different shows of up-and-coming artists then paying out of my ass and getting crappy seats in a huge venue that usually sucks accousticly.

It would have to be an artist in my top-5 for me to fight for tickets as you described. Still, I hope you have a great time a the Coldplay show.

theredpill5
06-01-2005, 11:34 AM
go reply to one of my Small Stakes NL threads.

bd8802
06-01-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
go reply to one of my Small Stakes NL threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was really random. but you have me interested.

Anders_G
06-01-2005, 11:56 AM
prefer bands who play at the local joint whose pay is proportional to the number of beers sold that night

sourbeaver
06-01-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's why you should listen to dead muscians... try the Beatles.

[/ QUOTE ]

see avatar

DCJ311
06-01-2005, 04:03 PM
I'd be pissed too if I spent money on anything related to Coldplay or its music.

wonderwes
06-01-2005, 04:32 PM
I am going to the coldplay Houston show. I tried to get presale tix, but the website gave the ticket presale in GMT time. I even checked google to see what timezone that was in, but it didnt even show. I just bought mine off ebay from some dude, after selling my u2 houston ticket for a lot on ebay. Oh yeah, and ticketmaster sold out of reserved seats in like 5 min. An even trade, but I also wish the ticketing was better.