PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this...?

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 10:35 AM
I'm driving to work this morning in fairly heavy traffic. There's a car in front of me that's going well under the speed limit with a huge gap in front of it. Traffic in the other lane is too havy for me to get around so I'm stuxk behind this car for miles. Anyway, I'm running late and getting more pissed off by the second. I'm swearing under my breath and calling the person every word in the book... "You mother-[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] sumbitch." Finally I spot a gap in the other lane and jump over. As I pull around this idiot, I look over "Goddami-... Hmmmmmmm....She's kinda hot." /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

So I mentally give her a pass in being an idiot.

TStoneMBD
06-01-2005, 10:37 AM
id never date someone as stupid as this, and immediately assume she is full of herself.

something simliar happened to me this week. i was driving in heavy traffic on the parkway and this hot chick cuts in front of a dozen cars by driving over the white line passing us all on the right. i was considering throwing something from inside of my car at her since she was driving a convertible but decided not to.

2planka
06-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Hotness does not mitigate idiocy.

I have an anecdote to relate on the subject.

I'm on a fairly busy local street behind a very hot damsel in a toyota hybrid with all sorts of pinko bumperstickers plastered on it. I drive a gargantuan pickup. She's plodding along at 20 MPH and there are roughly nine thousand cars stacked up behind her. I'm irritated, but what can I do?

Suddenly, she decides it would be nice to stop in the middle of the road to wave out a car from a side street. I have no problem stopping, but the car behind me can't see around me and locks 'em up. Bam. My trailer hitch left a nice impression on his hood. Technically, it's the guy's fault that rear-ended me, but this twit really caused it.

TStoneMBD
06-01-2005, 10:54 AM
maybe the girl is an idiot, but this isnt her fault. its the guys fault for tailgating you that closely. i hate tailgaters and he deserves having his hood smashed in.

bd8802
06-01-2005, 11:09 AM
she can be hot, and i will notice her hotness while I pass her ... but it does not excuse her from being a horrible driver.

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
she can be hot, and i will notice her hotness while I pass her ... but it does not excuse her from being a horrible driver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I agree. I was actually pissed at myself when I caught myself doing this.

bd8802
06-01-2005, 11:36 AM
i really feel a "pooper" line would be proper here. I am wavering though, as I do not want to get mass ignored.

siccjay
06-01-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Suddenly, she decides it would be nice to stop in the middle of the road to wave out a car from a side street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing in the world pisses off as much as this.

[censored]
06-01-2005, 01:07 PM
That would piss me off even more because I would think she probably gets a free pass for that kind of bullshit often.

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That would piss me off even more because I would think she probably gets a free pass for that kind of bullshit often.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought you had me on iggy? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[censored]
06-01-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought you had me on iggy? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very few get lifetime bans (basically Dead) I took you off on Mon.

bholdr
06-01-2005, 01:41 PM
given that you didn't actually interact with her, it doesn't matter at all weather you think she's an idiot, a hot idiot, or just hot... i am generally against giving people 'a pass' when they're doing something stupid and inconsiderate (sometimes with the exception of the eldery, i figure they've earned it to some degree) but in this situation i just enjoy the hotness.

TStoneMBD
06-01-2005, 01:44 PM
dead has a lifetime ban? if so, for what? i havent seen him post in a while.

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i am generally against giving people 'a pass' when they're doing something stupid and inconsiderate (sometimes with the exception of the eldery, i figure they've earned it to some degree)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one my pet peeves. I call it the "poor little old lady phenomenon". Why do people seem to believe that a person hits 70 and is instantly innocent? What if the little old man/lady has been a total bastard/bitch for 70 years? How have they "earned" anything? Is it just for managing not to get themselves killed prematurely?

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dead has a lifetime ban? if so, for what? i havent seen him post in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he means he has him on iggy permanently.

Stuey
06-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Buddy of mine got in a car wreak, was hurt real bad. He recovered but it took 6 months. When he started to drive again he would drive really slow. He told me it was scary. This guy was smart and a semi hell raiser type before this. After a few years he started to drive at normal speeds again but not his break-neck speeds of old.

Sometimes people have good reasons for doing dumb [censored]. But it is still dumb [censored].

As far as giving a girl a mental pass because they are hot, yah I do that also, I think it is a reflex. But I also found even if the chick is ugly if she is friendly I will let her walk all over me. I just like happy girls in general they are getting rare though. And if they are fat all the better. Anything to put a smile on that kisser. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The Yugoslavian
06-01-2005, 02:59 PM
I don't understand why or how you were upset in the first place, /images/graemlins/confused.gif. It sounds like there was heavy traffic and everyone was going fairly slow (the lane next to you a bit faster)...in which case someone leaving a gap in front of them is a fairly standard practice for someone who doesn't like to ram and jam the breaks ever 1.5 seconds.

If all traffic was going at a 'normal' speed and the guy in front of you somehow was like 10mph slower...then I don't understand how you could possibly be stuck behind him/her for so long.

Oh well...

The moral of the post should be that hot chicks driving next to you rules...that always makes the drive into work easier (and the only time I'll slow down and not drive like a complete maniac...so I can 'subtly' stare /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Yugoslav

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 03:16 PM
It was somewhat heavy, but not bumper-to-bumper, start-stop traffic. The gap in front of her kept getting wider and wider, people in the other lane were just getting around her then jumping in front, and we missed a couple of lights.

Shajen
06-01-2005, 03:39 PM
grudge [censored]. That's all I can think of.

She's hot, sure. But she's a mental midget. Therefore, if she were to experience the ride that is shajen, it would be a grudge [censored].