PDA

View Full Version : Did I minimise my potential losses, or did I do good ?

fuzzbox
06-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Party - 400 6-max.
I most likely have a crazy image right now. I recently called doubled up with a very very very loose play on the turn, that got called, but I had outs. I have also successfully drawn to a backdoor Q-high flush by check calling :-) all the way to the river.

To be fair to me, both of these hands were against a total maniac, and in the 2nd one, I got a lovely price.

So - on to the action - Me = Lunatic in their eyes.

Hero - UTG ($750)
Villain - UTG+1 ($1000)
LAG - MP ($200)
Weak-Chaser Button ($1100)
Token dude SB (blah)
Other dude BB (blah)

I find A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
I limp, Villain makes it 15, folded to me, I make it 100 to play. Villain calls.

Flop : pot ($200)
Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check, villain checks

Turn : pot ($200)
8/images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet $150, Villain calls

River: pot ($500)
T/images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, villain checks.

Am I just a total scared bunny here ?

My rational - I figured that villain had KK or QQ. I checked the flop planning to call. When he checked - I was a little surprised.
I was still afraid on the turn, but I bet, expecting a raise if he had QQ. None was forthcoming.
I didnt think he would call on the river without QQ, but I thought he might bet KK here, so I checked planning to call.

Did I miss a ton of value anywhere ?

The world is a little different when you could be playing a 1400 pot !!!!!!

kongo_totte
06-01-2005, 09:39 AM
You have shown alot of weakness post flop, as has he. You´re pre-flop action smells A A/KK, so I think he is unlikely to bet the river with K K. If he is somewhat of a thinking player, the only hand he can put you on that K K beats is A K or a total bluff, none of which calls the river. I bet 1/2 on the river here.