View Full Version : my money is so dead. (playing in the grrlz event)

regisd
06-01-2005, 09:26 AM
a few months back, i scheduled a trip to LV with my family for the tail end of june. at the time, i sort of forgot that the wsop is so late in the year this year, and didn't actually notice that it would be going on then. but i'll be out there for the nlhe $1000 ladies' event, so i decided to take a big chunk out of my bankroll and take the plunge and pre-reg for it. (i suck at omaha and i can't afford to splurge $5K for the limit event on that monday, so event 26 it is.)

i've never played in anything bigger than the $500 event at foxwoods NEPC this spring, so i'm all nervous, but hopefully i'll get that out of my system before i head west.

regisd
06-01-2005, 09:34 AM
also, wtf is harrah's damage? there are two different start times listed for this event. two places on the wsop web site claim it's 11am, but the actual registration claims 2pm. i've dropped them mail about it. i am assuming, since it's a one-day event, that the earlier start time is correct.

henrikrh
06-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Good luck, the ladies didn't seems to play particularly well in the televised ladies event at the 2004 WSOP, so if you get over the nervousness you'll do fine.

canis582
06-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Ladies event? Thats discrimination. I better not see any ladies in the men's events (which is all of them).

kenberman
06-01-2005, 10:14 AM
good luck from a fellow somerviller!

regisd
06-01-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ladies event? Thats discrimination. I better not see any ladies in the men's events (which is all of them).

[/ QUOTE ]

and no old people outside of the seniors' event, either!

regisd
06-01-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good luck from a fellow somerviller!

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks! (and i'll watch out for the bats outside of barstow)