PDA

View Full Version : An opinion about the future of poker

Exsubmariner
06-01-2005, 09:16 AM
From an interview with Howard Greenbaum:

"Can the present explosive popularity of poker be sustained?

I think yeah, with new markets here in the United States, and with television right now, it's going to continue to grow new customers. The ratings are going up on the television, and we know that the online sites are having record numbers of people playing online as well. That'll be sustained. I think what we're seeing also is that there are new markets, there are emerging markets as well. The European markets, the Asian markets... So, I think the explosive popularity of poker will be sustained. Maybe, it obviously will slow down at some point here in the United States, but it will still continue to grow world-wide. "

http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/interviews/lazerek-greenbaum.htm

QuickLearner
06-01-2005, 09:45 AM
He's right...I hope.

I also was a big fan of "Spirit in the Sky." /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Benman
06-01-2005, 10:14 AM
For better or worse, poker is rather addictive. While some of the new players during the recent boom will go away, many more will be hooked on poker for life. I think the rate of growth will slow, but I don't predict a decline in the number of players ever. That's just my two cents.

mikeyp
06-01-2005, 10:31 AM
I just hope that the average player doesnt get better at poker.

cbfair
06-01-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just hope that the average player doesnt get better at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

If, by average player, you mean average person, they won't do the work.

IMO, as long as the numbers stay up and new players are joining the games, quality will remain relatively constant.

MaxPower
06-01-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's right...I hope.

I also was a big fan of "Spirit in the Sky." /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That was Norman Greenbaum.