PDA

View Full Version : Taking an early edge or having an early night?

transmitt
06-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Third stage during the first hour, starting stacks at 1000, I'm at ~1,350 when this hand comes up; villian on the button has ~800. Per the subject, did I play this poorly?

Antes at 25/50. I'm in the CO w/ As 5s, 1 MP limper, I limp, button limps, both blinds are in as well. Flop comes 5c Ac 7s. MP checks, I bet 125 into the 250 pot. button calls, both blinds fold, MP folds. Turn comes 6s. With the pot at 500, I have 2 pair w/ the nut flush draw and push... Comments on all streets appreciated.

Runner Runner
06-01-2005, 09:23 AM
I think the limp preflop is fine as long as there is a good chance that there will not be a raise behind. If a raise behind you is more likely, I would be more inclined to either fold or raise this hand pf considering that stack sizes are not that deep.

I think I would bet more on the flop with those 2 draws staring me in the face. T300 would be about right.

Turn push is excellent.

stantheman
06-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Other than increasing the size of your flop bet on this draw-heavy board (T200-T250 maybe), I think you played it well.

Kronon
06-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Flop raise should be bigger. Even a gutshot draw might be profitable if he thinks the implied odds are great (which in this care they are).

After the flop, you only wants two pairs or pair in A with good kickers to call, and they will probably call a much bigger raise (AK would definidely do that), so a pot sized bet seems appropriate.

After that big flop bet, I would check the turn, since soneone with AK will most likely move in, while a set will probably make a smaller bet. Either way, you probably win more and lose less by checking the turn, but only if you bet enough to get rid of the draws before flop.

rockythecat99
06-01-2005, 11:32 AM
The only problem I see here is the flop bet. There are way too many people in the pot for you to bet half the pot and hope teh flush draws go out. I would say bet 200-250 on the flop. Flush draws won't have the odds to call you. Turn push is fine. Preflop is fine also.