PDA

View Full Version : River decision

msk
12-22-2002, 12:38 PM
I am playing in ridiculous loose game, 10-20, 7 or more many times seeing the flop.

I am on the button with Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif , lottsa callers, I raise to at least fold the blinds, uh-oh the BB, might be a good player, at least he is one of the very few who sees only a few flops, he re-raises. I call, 5-6 flop callers.

Flop is T98 /forums/images/icons/club.gif (one suit) I will win or lose a very very big pot, I am sure. BB bets, 2-3 callers, I raise. 4 total for a turn of another 8. Checked to me, I bet, only BB calls.

River is a complete blank, BB checks to me.

Should I bet?

I put him on an overpair, I bet since he was passive twice, is this a mistake? Result to follow.

Mark

msk
12-22-2002, 12:39 PM
He had TT for a turned fh. He raised the river, I made a crying call.

Mark

JAA
12-22-2002, 03:46 PM
I think you have a value bet here. He will call you with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AT, etc. But here's the thing: I wish you knew more about the player. If you did, you could bet here 100% of the time and fold if raised. The board will look just as scary to him as it does to you, so his checkraising here indicates a hand that you can't beat. But, like you said, you don't know much about him. But in the game you are in, it seems to me that you could fold to a checkraise in this spot from most players who are at that table.

Hope it was an overpair! - JAA