PDA

View Full Version : Slow Played Set vs OverPlayed TPP

Gustavo
06-01-2005, 04:56 AM
This Guy overplayīs his TPP, 90% of the time i would reraise on the flop. But Giving my flat call i was sure he would put me on a flush draw , on the end he just exclamates Oh a Set.
Reraising on this ocassion would screm Set, and possibly kill the action , but still take a good chunk of his stack if not the whole stack , in the other hand representing flush draw will kill the action. So given this board, Representing flush = kill the action if flush fallīs , vs overagressive with set wich will scream monster. Wich line line you preffer the most vs this kind of players

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($50.40)
MP1 ($24.20)
MP2 ($17.75)
CO ($53.20)
Button ($68.70)
Hero ($49.50)
BB ($20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.5</font>, Hero calls $1.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $1, CO calls $1.

Flop: ($6.50) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $15.5</font>, Hero calls $15.50, UTG folds, CO folds.

Turn: ($43.50) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $51.7 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $32.50 (All-In).

River: ($127.70) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $127.70

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 4d 4s (three of a kind, fours).
Button has Kc Ks (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins $108.50. Button wins $19.20. </font>

hnat
06-01-2005, 05:39 AM
Don't know if you mean just in that betting scenario, facing a bet and a raise. If facing only a bet I raise every time. In this situation I would have pushed to protect my hand against draws, because of CO and UTG still is to act. He gets nice odds if you just call.

Bottom set is rarely a hand I slowplay, and most of the time an overpair is more eager to push on the flop than later in the hand.

Perhaps a little off topic, but he played the hand lika a jackass, especially preflop.

Gustavo
06-01-2005, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know if you mean just in that betting scenario, facing a bet and a raise. If facing only a bet I raise every time. In this situation I would have pushed to protect my hand against draws, because of CO and UTG still is to act. He gets nice odds if you just call.

Bottom set is rarely a hand I slowplay, and most of the time an overpair is more eager to push on the flop than later in the hand.

Perhaps a little off topic, but he played the hand lika a jackass, especially preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually will reraise 90% of the time on this spot, especially with the mp player, but when i stopped to think, ive worked the hand just the way it went , the only problem was the MP wich was probably chasing the flush, but i was not really sure what he could be holding , opening with that bet , and after the villian reraised , i want to see what mpīs do without putting more money in the pot , yes im giving him correct odds for his 1/5(1/3 T/R) on the turn to hit his flush, but i can live with that on this ocassion. Also could be behind from the flop, so i dont really want to put more volume on the pot , in wich case ill scare both. Villian Reraise will define MP hand and im happy with the flat call here.

3N1GM4
06-01-2005, 06:07 AM
dont know if I'm missing something, but what was wron with how the button played PF? He raised to 3BB, which is acceptable on occasions I think... Perhaps I've missed your point, but if you mean that he played like a jackass because his PF raise was so small, I'm not sure you're right.

hnat
06-01-2005, 10:03 AM
3bb - standard raise when first in the pot but after two callers? The two original limpers is almost sure to call aswell as a couple of others.

Maybe its just me who doesn't like palying my big pairs against many players.

hnat
06-01-2005, 10:23 AM
I would like that play more if you had position. What do you do if they both call and a flush card hits on turn? or an 8 to fill the straight with 57s? ( unlikely but anyways)

And furthermore, I like to lead out on the flop when hitting a set. Check-raise screams monster, and in this case a check-re-raise does it even more.

MarkL444
06-01-2005, 10:39 AM
i dont really have a problem with this hand. these dont look like draws to me, and you have a strong hand.

mudbuddha
06-01-2005, 11:03 AM
3x the big bet in tourny play is alright, but 3x the big bet when the average stack is 100 big blinds?? thats just askin for implied odds against you on any hand at a cash table like htat