PDA

View Full Version : Small suited A against mid pp

WSOPstar2B
06-01-2005, 04:21 AM
Playing around w/pokerstove & inputed A5s against 99. 34% to 66%. So, if I understand correctly, if the pot odds is 2:1 or better then I should call a pre flop raise (read is that raiser had mid to low pp) particularly if it would put us in a HU situation. Is that correct?
According to the stove I should call even if I think he has high pp too, that is if the pot odds r better than or equal to 2:1. Is that correct too?

pzhon
06-01-2005, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Playing around w/pokerstove & inputed A5s against 99. 34% to 66%. So, if I understand correctly, if the pot odds is 2:1 or better then I should call a pre flop raise (read is that raiser had mid to low pp) particularly if it would put us in a HU situation. Is that correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are last to act, 100% sure your read is right, and the raise puts you or the raiser all-in, sure.

PrayingMantis
06-01-2005, 08:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
read is that raiser had mid to low pp

[/ QUOTE ]

So I assume raiser folds A6-AK according to your read? Or just limps? or raises less than all-in? Your read is too optimistic. You must put at least few dominating aces in the raiser's range (each Ax has more possible combinations than a PP, even if you hold one ace), which might make A5s a very very marginal hand in similar situations, getting these odds.