PDA

View Full Version : position & passive line vs TAG

VBM
06-01-2005, 04:07 AM
villain is hyper-aggro TAG 18/9/8.5 over 60 hand sample...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

thesharpie
06-01-2005, 04:10 AM
I play it the same.

Shillx
06-01-2005, 04:23 AM
I like it dude.

Brad

scotty34
06-01-2005, 04:24 AM
There is really no spot here that I want to raise, but I'm definetly not folding either. nh

Webster
06-01-2005, 07:20 AM
I would have raised the flop - THEN turn passive. Try to take control.

Not enough hands to REALLY know if villain is that aggressive. I'm in the 1.8 range and I've been in the 10s after 60 hands at times.

HOWEVER - raising the flop is for a free card. If you don't think he is going to back down. Calling is fine. Still - I like to raise when I hit. Puts the other guy on edge.

Grinders Warehouse BLOG Edition (http://www.grinderswarehouse.com)

davelin
06-01-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Not enough hands to REALLY know if villain is that aggressive. I'm in the 1.8 range and I've been in the 10s after 60 hands at times.

HOWEVER - raising the flop is for a free card. If you don't think he is going to back down. Calling is fine. Still - I like to raise when I hit. Puts the other guy on edge.

Grinders Warehouse BLOG Edition (http://www.grinderswarehouse.com)

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

xLukex
06-01-2005, 11:02 AM
How do you raise the flop, become passive, and take control all at the same time?

And what the hell do you want a free card for?

diebitter
06-01-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - raising here tells you a bit. He coulda been raising pre-flop cos he saw you as a stealer (despite the UTG call).

If he then reraises after your raise, he'll have 2pair/trips or AK/AQ, so fold. If he calls, you're ahead at that point.

What did he have, BTW, high pair?

TripleH68
06-01-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - raising here tells you a bit. He coulda been raising pre-flop cos he saw you as a stealer (despite the UTG call).

If he then reraises after your raise, he'll have 2pair/trips or AK/AQ, so fold. If he calls, you're ahead at that point.

What did he have, BTW, high pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot "if he folds you just left 2BB on the table."

Messy Harry
06-01-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Puts the other guy on edge

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. I love making 'em bite their fingernails.

diebitter
06-01-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You forgot "if he folds you just left 2BB on the table."

[/ QUOTE ]
I prefer 'if he folds, take your 30 bucks off the table...' and don't worry about him stealing again for a while /images/graemlins/cool.gif

VBM
06-01-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what free card makes us happy? and, what's our plan if villain 3-bets?

MrWookie47
06-01-2005, 12:06 PM
This hand is perfect.

To the people who disagree, you really have some thinking to do about why this is correct if you want to be a better poker player.

Mister Z
06-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Grunched - I think this is the perfect time to use the call/call/call line given your read on the opponent. Obviously this guy is very aggressive but might also be a somewhat smart player. Therefore a raise on any street is either going to chase him away or cost you a 3-bet when you're behind. Both situations are negative. Calling down wins the biggest pot, gets you to a showdown, and loses the least when behind.

irishpint
06-01-2005, 01:12 PM
looks good. if BB is betting on a bluff or with QQ or something and we raise the flop he'll slow down. at this rate if we have him bet we take him for a bet on each street. AT MOST if we're ahead and we raised the flop we'd get that additional SB, but most likely he wouldn't then call all the way down to the river. if we're behind we get 3bet and lose more money on the flop. that 1 BB (flop raise and 3bet) is the same as paying the river which id rather do.

krimson
06-01-2005, 02:14 PM
I like this line.

Due to the limp in UTG and the raise coming from the CO i'm gonna give him credit for the 3-bet being a real 3-betting hand, and not a re-steal. This would suggest a bigger Ace or high pair, so we're way ahead or way behind, and should call down.