PDA

View Full Version : QQ from BB in raised pot - need help on diffucult hand

lehighguy
06-01-2005, 03:50 AM
I need help on all streets.
I also want to know what your play is if turn and river are low dudes. Do you call raises?

$200 NL Full Ring

Hero: QQ in BB

UTG Raises to $8 (4xBB), CO calls, Button Calls, Hero raises to $27, UTG calls, Button Calls.

Flop: 10, 6, 3. Don't remember suits, flush never came up.
Hero bets $50, UTG calls, Button Folds.

Turn: J
Hero Checks, Button Checks.

River: K
Hero Checks, UTG goes All-In for $108, hero folds.

elcap
06-01-2005, 04:13 AM
I'm not too sure I like to make this reraise from OOP with QQ every time but I will often do it as well, however, when I do I am doing it to give some definition to my hand. When he calls you have to be worried. Most likely hands AA, KK, JJ and maybe AK but I know I don't like calling big reraises with AK.

On flop I don't know if I mkae a full pot bet, probably 2/3rds bet and see how he reacts. If he calls or raises most times I am laying this down unless I've already seen my opponent play very poorly earlier.

So basically I think the way you played it was fine, however, sometimes just call the raise pf, lead out or check raise on the flop and see where you stand. You have to bet these hands and raise them to define your opponents holding and then trust that read and let them go when your opponent tells you that you are beat.

fuzzbox
06-01-2005, 08:58 AM
I dont much like reraising an UTG reraiser with QQ from the blinds.

I flat call, and choose from
A. lead the flop
B. Check/raise the flop
C. Check/call the flop, lead the turn

All are good teams in my book. Mostly it depends on our take on UTG. Is he aggro/good/bad/what ?

ImNotSoLucky
06-01-2005, 02:19 PM
While I would reraise here some, I would definitely lean towards calling - probably at least 75-25, then you have options on flop. I prefer to check raise flop and then if he comes back over the top of you, you can throw it away.

lehighguy
06-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Good advice, im gonna give it one bump