PDA

View Full Version : Feeling the pressure UTG

Newt_Buggs
06-01-2005, 03:26 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t1700)
Button (t350)
SB (t2635)
BB (t1820)
Hero (t1330)
MP (t2165)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

curtains
06-01-2005, 03:30 AM
by default I fold.....you still have 900 after blinds, and this is enough for folding equity in almost all partypoker games. Okay I admit however that I've pushed this before, especially if I know that 2 of the players involved are tight. One problem is that the button should call with a large majority of hands (for instance I would call as button with 87o) because they are now getting huge pot odds, but of course it's practically irrelevant as most on partypoker dont play like that.

I'm also assuming this is a $55?

DasLeben
06-01-2005, 03:35 AM
Hmm. This is way marginal at best I think. I dunno, considering the blinds are about to smash your stack in half, I might take an ICM neutral push here. Curious what others have to say about this one.

jgunnip
06-01-2005, 03:49 AM
I'm folding, especially if the blinds aren't going up in the next two hands. There's still some poker to be played and who knows who's going to do soemthing stupid next and bust. You could very easily be four-handed on the button with a minimum of 900 chips.

treeofwisdom7
06-01-2005, 04:09 AM
if you do push im guessing 80% of the time you get called it will be to a 60-40 race not such a bad idea considering if you take a coin flip after the blinds the chips you lost to the blind will make up for what would make that previous 60-40 push a +EV..

Newt_Buggs
06-01-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

by default I fold.....you still have 900 after blinds, and this is enough for folding equity in almost all partypoker games.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point, I think that I've been overlooking the FE that 3BB carries.

One of my problems though is that if I let my stack dwindle to 900 if my push gets called, which will happen quite often, and I get lucky enough to double up then I am barely ahead of where I started. Another problem that I've been having is that I allow myself to get blinded down to 900 planning on pushing any two from the SB and almost any two on the button, but I get blocked by the people behind me. Someone else raises or the short stack pushes and prevents me from stealing. I then end up in the exact same place, except that now my FE is greatly decreased and when I double up I get almost nothing.

kyro
06-01-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you do push im guessing 80% of the time you get called it will be to a 60-40 race not such a bad idea considering if you take a coin flip after the blinds the chips you lost to the blind will make up for what would make that previous 60-40 push a +EV..

[/ QUOTE ]

You will be much worse than 60-40 80% of the time if you're called...

I fold this. I've started looking into my future fold equity more on the bubble, and I think you have enough here to not risk it.

draw2aflush
06-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Fold everytime.Pokerbot mode.You still have time.Survival is what it is about.The chances you are going to get called by a much better hand is to likely.I believe you will see your results get much better if you stay patience.Wax on wax off johnnyson