PDA

View Full Version : Learn to 2-table versus moving up?

lstream
06-01-2005, 12:39 AM
I was wondering if all of you wise folks have some thoughts on the following question. I have got comfortable at $5/10 and have always single tabled. I really like the structure and nature of this game.

I am toying with ideas on how to increase the win rate and two ideas come to mind - give 10/20 a shot or try to learn how to play at least two tables at 5/10.

I feel that one of my strengths is focusing on the other players at the table and getting a good read on how they play. I alter my play a lot depending on who is in the hand and how they are betting. I am concerned that my ability to make these adjustments would decrease if I had to watch two tables

Does anyone have input on this question? Thanks in advance.

beta1607
06-01-2005, 07:59 AM
You can easily play two 5/10 tables of stud without giving much up since you play so few hands there are rarely two at the same time that you have to remember dead cards for and the game is stocked with a lot of regulars you should already have a beat on. I think the best bet is to learn to add one more stud table and stay at 5/10 and just take shots at 10/20 when the game looks good and as your BR and experiance grow you can play there more regularly.