PDA

View Full Version : KILLERS CONCERT

Apathy
06-01-2005, 12:29 AM
So I just went and saw the killers play in the molson ampitheatre in Toronto, they were pretty sweet but played a short set (only one hour) not surprising since they only have one CD.

This was the most amount of people the killers have ever played in front of.

What do you think of them? Ever seen them play live?

i enjoyed it, curious what others thought.

Soul Daddy
06-01-2005, 12:32 AM
They were to play here last Tuesday, but the show was postponed. It was rescheduled for 3 days before I'll see them in Lollapalooza.

The Yugoslavian
06-01-2005, 01:25 AM
My apartmentmate is seeing them sometime soon...she's pretty stoked.

I'd be marginally stoked I guess....but I'm not a huge fan or anything.

I'll let her know she's in for a good show.

Yugoslav

Tron
06-01-2005, 03:50 AM
This is just my opinion, but having only one CD is hardly an excuse for playing a one hour set.

A good live act (by my definition, at least) would have extended it by throwing in some solos, medleys, covers, etc.

[censored]
06-01-2005, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is just my opinion, but having only one CD is hardly an excuse for playing a one hour set.

A good live act (by my definition, at least) would have extended it by throwing in some solos, medleys, covers, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed I would expect a few non-typical covers from them at the very least. Very weak IMO.

1800GAMBLER
06-01-2005, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed I would expect a few non-typical covers from them at the very least. Very weak IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

They covered 2 pink floyd songs from dark side of the moon when i seen them on the nme tour, hardly anyone in the crowd knew the song, it was a great cover but most of the fans seemed to hate it. They also did about 3 new songs, clocking in at about 1 hour 40 minutes and this was after the futureheads and bloc party had already been on. Good tour.

Apathy
06-01-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They covered 2 pink floyd songs from dark side of the moon when i seen them on the nme tour, hardly anyone in the crowd knew the song, it was a great cover but most of the fans seemed to hate it. They also did about 3 new songs, clocking in at about 1 hour 40 minutes and this was after the futureheads and bloc party had already been on. Good tour.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds cool, ya it was too bad they only played for an hour but they had to finish by 11pm because it is an outdoor show and there are noise bi-laws in downtown Toronto so it wasn't really there fault.

Louis XIV and some other chicks i didn't know opened for them.