PDA

View Full Version : Dominated?

bobdibble
06-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Villain is 30/13/1.7

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Toddster18
06-01-2005, 01:01 AM
Disclaimer: I dont' play 30/60

My gut reaction: The PF action leaves too much in the air. A PF 3-bet I think would help a lot. If he caps, and shows no fear on the A-high flop, you can make a much more informed decision on the expensive streets (probably toss em).

If he simply calls, you can probably feel a lot better about your hand?

As you played it PF, I think your line is fine. I could I guess see a flop 3-bet, hoping he shuts up, where you call a 4-bet, but check/fold an unimproved turn? Bleh. I don't really like that.

-Todd

Hamlet
06-01-2005, 02:10 PM
I think your line is fine. You could consider re-raising preflop, since this guy is a fairly loose raiser, but he is UTG, and you're in the BB. He's pretty aggressive, so I don't think you have to worry that the river will get checked through.

I don't think you're going to find a very good line out of position.

highlife
06-01-2005, 03:13 PM
your line is okay, though you could have 3-bet the flop or donkbet the river.

i can't find a fold on this hand, as the villain would very well play KK and QQ the same way, perhaps even ATs and A9s.

bernie
06-01-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your line is okay, though you could have 3-bet the flop or donkbet the river.

i can't find a fold on this hand, as the villain would very well play KK and QQ the same way, perhaps even ATs and A9s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be very suprised if he had KK or QQ given that the turn is a check in this situation if he had that.

b

bernie
06-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Maybe. If you don't know the player that well as to what he'd raise the flop here with, your line is fine.

If you know he'd only cap the flop with a much better hand you might 3 bet here, or bet out on the turn if his turn raise means a better hand also.

b

bobdibble
06-01-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe. If you don't know the player that well as to what he'd raise the flop here with, your line is fine.

If you know he'd only cap the flop with a much better hand you might 3 bet here, or bet out on the turn if his turn raise means a better hand also.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I had just sat down and only had the stats, but will keep your line in mind for future play.

Thanks

Hamlet
06-02-2005, 11:56 AM
I think that an opponent with an aggression factor of 1.7 is very likely to bet the turn with KK or QQ. Am I wrong?

[ QUOTE ]

I would be very suprised if he had KK or QQ given that the turn is a check in this situation if he had that.

b

[/ QUOTE ]