PDA

View Full Version : Bubble hand from the Atlantic game today

durron597
05-31-2005, 10:18 PM
I feel like I am at a large skill disadvantage at this table. The BB is Toro, UTG is ilya and the Button is McMelchior. I feel like if I complete Toro bets way too often and I don't want to be in that spot. I have been pushing with more than 10 BB before so it's not unusual, every time I was called I showed down ATo+. Thus I expect my push will get some respect - maybe a smaller raise will get more, since I haven't done it? I have also not been playing a pot at least once per orbit, so I think my image is good (because I *am* playing tight).

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t8380)
Button (t8791)
Hero (t4916)
BB (t12413)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t4891</font>,

The once and future king
05-31-2005, 10:20 PM
Also relevant is that you were 2 mins from BB600.

ilya
05-31-2005, 10:44 PM
I still like calling.

durron597
05-31-2005, 11:43 PM
Now that I think about it some more I don't think that Toro autobets here because I could be slowplaying a big pair. So maybe calling might be a good play.

I think I was being overparanoid about being the victim of bubble aggression from three excellent players.

jgunnip
05-31-2005, 11:50 PM
At first I thought BB had t1200 and I'm like WHAT ARE YOU THIKING ABOUT?!? (in a push push push way). But with 12,000 chips, hmmm. Good hand.

I do'nt really like calling since I feel like I'm just leaking chips to the bigger stacks.

adanthar
06-01-2005, 12:15 AM
If he's just gonna *raise* any two, I vote limp/push. Otherwise, nh.

Toro
06-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Remember what I said when some were criticizing your play. I said "tough spot". Ilya was advocating completing here. With your stack size, I hate that play, I'd rather fold. To me, the hand is impossible to play after limping in unless you hit a set. Nearly every flop beats you and you're out of position.

So the vast majority of the pollers voted to do just what you did, push. The hand is just too damn hard to play any other way.

durron597
06-01-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Remember what I said when some were criticizing your play. I said "tough spot". Ilya was advocating completing here. With your stack size, I hate that play, I'd rather fold. To me, the hand is impossible to play after limping in unless you hit a set. Nearly every flop beats you and you're out of position.

So the vast majority of the pollers voted to do just what you did, push. The hand is just too damn hard to play any other way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for agreeing with me Toro /images/graemlins/smile.gif I feel a little better about bubbling now that the guy who woke up in the BB with JJ still thinks I played it right.

To the 4 people who voted "raise to 1200", what do you do when Toro pushes here? Call? So why not push in the first place? Or do you fold? I think folding is terrible after putting 25% of your stack in the middle. My stack is large enough that I have plenty of FE, Toro cannot call without a hand. I think if you raise to 1200 and Toro calls you have to push any flop, but even that is terrible IMO.

nWirb
06-01-2005, 10:28 AM
I don't like calling and raising here since the hand is way to hard to play postflop OOP like Toro said.
Folding is weak, but not horrible IMO, you still have ~12 BB and if you get called here you are at best a coinflip, still very weak though IMO.
So that leaves you pushing which is fine.

You could also make a clearly pot comitting raise here to ~3000 if you think Toro might interpret that as a stronger hand.