PDA

View Full Version : folding flush cards in stud high

sds4255
05-31-2005, 08:45 PM
$2/4 .25 ante online stud high game
What do you think about 3 medium cards to a flush lets say J 5 7, do you play if you see only 1 or 2 of the same suit out, and if you dont hit on 4th do you fold to a bet, with 3 or more guys in the pot? What are some of the guildlines to contiunting with a flush draw when it doesnt contain A K or Q?

Jacob_Gilliam
05-31-2005, 08:54 PM
my guidelines for small flushies is to call on third if no more than 2 of my suit are out. I'll usually call one bet on fourth if I miss but I get an open pair (say, another seven with no other sevens showing). Having said all of this, in my limited experience flush draws are my favorite bestest, most goodest hands to play, because they're easy to get away from when you miss, but you can get a big payoff when you hit. I think I make more money off of flush draws than all other hands combined (playing in my low limit world). /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BeerMoney
05-31-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$2/4 .25 ante online stud high game
What do you think about 3 medium cards to a flush lets say J 5 7, do you play if you see only 1 or 2 of the same suit out, and if you dont hit on 4th do you fold to a bet, with 3 or more guys in the pot? What are some of the guildlines to contiunting with a flush draw when it doesnt contain A K or Q?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a tight -ass on 3rd. I only play if 0 or 1 of my suit are out, unless my hand has other attributes. (Big cards, or str8 potential.)

On fourth I continue if its a raised pot & my cards are still live, or if I catch a pair or something else that's good.

I've also been known for playing 3 flushes very aggressively on 3rd. This is not an accepted strategy in this forum. However, after discussing the matter with Ted Forrest and Chip Reese, they firmly agreed that this was the correct strategy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif (Sarcasm)

somapopper
06-01-2005, 07:07 PM
I'd play this on 3rd in an unraised pot. I'll basically play any flush draw if I see 2 or fewer of my suit out there.

I'd almost always limp with flush draws on a related note, the hand plays very well multi, so you want a lot of people to 4th (if you hit a flush card on 4th, I'd switch gears and start raising if it's not heads up, and other boards ain't to scary, at this point you want to get more money in the pot, and you don't necessarily care as much how much of it is yours. )