PDA

View Full Version : who CARES if it's rigged???

PennyAnte
05-31-2005, 07:38 PM
If online poker were rigged, it would be to the benefit of the better players. The better players don't want to clean the fish out quickly, but to bleed them slowly and consistantly, so they think they have a chance and keep coming back for more. Sort of like a pool shark who just beats his opponant every game.

And if it were rigged, it would work against players who play the cards, and in favor of those who play their opponants.

splashpot
05-31-2005, 07:52 PM
This is wrong. Why would it be better to win over a longer amount of time. Would you rather win $100 in one hour or in one week?

gila
05-31-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is wrong. Why would it be better to win over a longer amount of time. Would you rather win $100 in one hour or in one week?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a trick question?

StacysMom
05-31-2005, 08:05 PM
OP is wrong. I want money at instant speed. Wait, last time i had the nuts in nl and a fish pushed, i did fold so i can get him slowly on the following hands...

maybe u are right!

razor
05-31-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you rather win $100 in one hour or in one week?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try thinking from the Fish perspective... would he rather lose $100 in an hour or one week? In which scenerio is the Fish likely to re-load and keep playing?

splashpot
05-31-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would you rather win $100 in one hour or in one week?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try thinking from the Fish perspective... would he rather lose $100 in an hour or one week? In which scenerio is the Fish likely to re-load and keep playing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Look at it from my perspective. I really don't care if he reloads. There are tons of other players I can win from. There will never be a shortage of bad players. I want to win my money as fast as possible.

Slacker13
05-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Apparently a lot of people since we 10 post a week on the subject.

razor
05-31-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Look at it from my perspective. I really don't care if he reloads. There are tons of other players I can win from. There will never be a shortage of bad players. I want to win my money as fast as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think there would be tons of other players if all the fish were more likely to lose their $100 in one hour rather than one week?

PennyAnte
05-31-2005, 09:09 PM
I still say that OVER THE LONG RUN that it is better to make the fish think they have a chance, to keep them coming back for more rather than get pissed off and leave the game forever. You might think that there is an endless supply of fish out there but there are so many potential poker players out there and one day the pond will dry up. But poker, and especially online poker, will in the next couple of years go the way of pet rocks, the Village People, and other fads that were the hot thing but would soon jump the shark, at least among the casual playing crowd. And when that happens then what you will see is that the players that are left will be either hard core players or professionals.

PennyAnte
05-31-2005, 11:04 PM
And the reason that the poker fad will die off... because the casual players will discover that in order to play they have to deal with miserable humorless closed-minded cheaters, as proven by the posters in this forum.

2easy
06-01-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And the reason that the poker fad will die off... because the casual players will discover that in order to play they have to deal with miserable humorless closed-minded cheaters, as proven by the posters in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad they can't play against rational, levelheaded nice guys like yourself.