PDA

View Full Version : Will stepping down hurt my game?

Arnfinn Madsen
05-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Hi,
I have multitabled now for 1 month. I started with $100 & followed the 300BB-principle (stepping up and down). It took me appx. 2 weeks to get to $1200 and since then I have stayed close to that roll (winning at 1/2 steadily, losing in the long run at 2/4). Now I am at $1340, and I think I am now finally a winning 2/4-player (not big enough sample).

Now I want to subtract $900 from my roll, sending it to $440. Will playing .50/1 to rebuild hurt my 2/4-game? Will playing a week of 1/2 do?

BluffTHIS!
05-31-2005, 08:19 PM
I only play high limit plo and nl games so I am not the one to give advice on limit play at lower levels in general. However, one only needs to keep in mind that the lower a leve the looser the play and that you need to adjust accordingly (make fewer bluffs/semibluffs and call more on the end in big pots even multiway with idiots calling the river w/bad hands).

Mainly though, I would encourage you to NOT subtract that 900 from your roll for any reason, though if you do you surely need to move down in limits. A bankroll's whole purpose is to allow you to survive swings and to produce money assuming you are a winning player. I know I do not know your financial situation, but my advice is:

1) Wait until playing at your current level produces that 900 to subtract it;

2) Put off any expenses you can;

3) Tell whatever relatives/friends that you have made a mistake of telling about your roll and who now find themselves in dire straits to do whatever they would do if you did not in fact have that money;

4) Never consider your bankroll to be part of your general fund.

5) Always remember, your bankroll provides income just like an investment by allowing you to play more optimally and survive normal swings experienced by winning players, SO PROTECT IT AT ALL COSTS.

gila
05-31-2005, 09:02 PM
If you can wait a couple weeks, you should be able, with bonus, to clear 900 more. Why not wait 2 weeks, then see where you are at, maybe you can subtract the 900 and still have the same roll you have now.

stir
06-01-2005, 03:08 PM
there's a problem here. You mention "long run" and "two week" in the same paragraph.

No way are you in the long run, but if you want some more respondents it would help it you indicated how many hands you have at $1/2 and $2/4. If you have less than 10K at either your sample size is too small.