PDA

View Full Version : Do I have the odds to see 5th here?

bigredlemon
05-31-2005, 07:18 PM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

4th Street - (6.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds but doesnt want to
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

If you think it's a fold, does your mind change if all the 4 and 6 were live and you know there wouldn't be a raise behind you?

Jacob_Gilliam
05-31-2005, 07:58 PM
I would fold because of all of the dead cards. It doesn't look like you'll be able to scoop and there might be a couple of people playing for low who are ahead (or at least running even) of you. Of course, i'm a relatively new poster on the stud forum so you can take my opinions with a grain of salt. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bigredlemon
05-31-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm absolutely positive I'm behind both ways. The reason I'm thinking about calling here is that if I catch well next street (and if everyone else misses) I'll have a large edge in what is surely going to be a very big pot.

I'm mostly looking for a 4, but would also happily take an ace, 6 or 2. So not a lot of cards (8 of 32.) But I'm getting strong implied odds.

djr
05-31-2005, 08:07 PM
too many of the cards you want are dead or dying (aces, fours, and sixes). You're likely behind for low, you're surely behind for hi (seat one could easily have two pair or trips at this point) and have a rather crappy position to the other people with possible lows. If any of these things were different, I'd say try to limp for 5th. But all combined makes this a fold.

templar999
06-01-2005, 02:34 AM
lemon,

good laydown IMO. if the A2 were ahead of you, i think you can muster a call. even so, you're drawing pretty thin to any low, even a rough one, as one 7 and two 8's are dead as well.

respectfully,
temp

Andy B
06-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Even if your hand is more live, you should fold. Playing from behind in both directions is bad. Right now, you only have a draw to a draw. You can catch perfect on fifth and still be behind in both directions. If you weren't looking at two or three other low hands, my answer might be different.

somapopper
06-01-2005, 06:58 PM
I'd peel one more off I think... but I'm clearly in the minority so maybe I'm too loose here. A lot of the time you're going to get raised behind, and that's the real danger I think.

Even with the dead cards, this pot is getting pretty big. Certainly fold if you don't catch on 5th, but do we really have to fold this hand now?

what if seat 5 had folded to start, does everyone still fold here?