PDA

View Full Version : Partys SNG... Bad Luck?

Hendricks433
05-31-2005, 07:16 PM
For the past week or so Ive seemed to run into this horrible luck of Party Pokers Sit N Go tables. I went wrong 650 in my account to $50.... Seems like everytime my hand gets showndown someone catches runner runner or some miracle card. I try to play tight now and I cant catch a hand. Has this happened to anyone else? I dont know if its bad luck or Im doing something wrong that I'm not seeing. Any Advice before my moneys gone?

pergesu
05-31-2005, 07:24 PM
People here seem to tell everyone they're just having a run of bad luck. It's far more likely that you just suck.

That said, you can turn profitable. Reload and read the links in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=1918735 &Forum=,f22,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=191 8735&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=30065&daterang e=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bo dyprev=#Post1918735). Post some hands that you had trouble with. Not bad beats, but hands where you weren't all that confident in what you should do.

Post hands, read here, contribute, and play a ton, you'll get better.

Btw, I'm not saying you suck. Without seeing how you play, it's impossible to say. I'm just sayin I'm going against the mold here and suggesting it's far more likely that a losing player sucks, rather than is simply unlucky.

Hendricks433
05-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Well I dont agree that I suck... Ive been a winning player on Party for the last 6 months, after readin over 8 books I bought. I have made some bad plays, everyone does but I know the reason Im losing is not cause I suck. and I will read those links that you gave me. thanks for those.

LeVoodoo
05-31-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I dont agree that I suck... Ive been a winning player on Party for the last 6 months, after readin over 8 books I bought. I have made some bad plays, everyone does but I know the reason Im losing is not cause I suck. and I will read those links that you gave me. thanks for those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better to think you suck than to chalk it up to bad luck and do nothing to improve your game.
Post some hands that gave you problems. There is certainly a part of your game that can be improved.

Voltron87
05-31-2005, 07:36 PM
you probably suck. read shadows list and post hands. read all the threads on this forum.

splashpot
05-31-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What exactly are you looking for on this forum. Of course if you make posts about bad beats without anything else, people are just going to think you're bitching cause you lost. I have no idea what the point of this post is. "Has this happened to anyone else?" Sucking out? Of course it has. If you're looking for people to console you and tell you that you don't suck, you've come to the wrong place. If you want to improve your play, post hands and learn. Don't make posts saying that you had bad beats and bad luck. Nothing productive will result from that.

gasgod
05-31-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What exactly are you looking for on this forum. Of course if you make posts about bad beats without anything else, people are just going to think you're bitching cause you lost. I have no idea what the point of this post is. "Has this happened to anyone else?" Sucking out? Of course it has. If you're looking for people to console you and tell you that you don't suck, you've come to the wrong place. If you want to improve your play, post hands and learn. Don't make posts saying that you had bad beats and bad luck. Nothing productive will result from that.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said

GG

smcannon
05-31-2005, 07:48 PM
What buy in were you playing at?

Even at a 10 buck buy in that's a pretty heavy hit to take. I would not think of that simply as a run of bad luck. There is most likely a flaw in how you play and you need to figure it out.

Start posting your hands.

And don't think reading 8 books means that you can beat the SnG's at Party. I've read my share of books and have yet to come across one that has benefited my SnG play. The only thing that has ever helped was this forum, a buddy of mine, and my willingness to learn how to play the game.

valenzuela
05-31-2005, 07:58 PM
the higher the buy-in, the less probability its due to bad luck. Well this is a preety useless statement anyway...I know how we can find out, post a hand.

Hendricks433
05-31-2005, 09:43 PM
It was $30 buy in's with some $50's.... Well I read up on those posts you left and I think I was just becoming too loose as I played more and more... Refreshing up on some info for good poker playing really helped. Im starting to win again and place in the money... Thanks for the links.

Maulik
05-31-2005, 09:47 PM
blah blah blah, you didn't even have 30 buyin bankroll.

30+ buyins, this could just be a bad run of cards.

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know you suck . why cuz i did the exact thing.. read a couple books win for 6 months and lose 500$.. then i admitted i sucked and tried to fix my game..

im winning again .. not perfect but at least i know why im winning..