PDA

View Full Version : radio calls for jay

Heimdal
05-31-2005, 07:02 PM
I sit down at a 1/2 table at PS. The player one to my right is radioheadfan. I ask him if he is the same guy as the guy who post on 2+2. He says he is.

We have only played one small pot before this one: he called my flop bet with a gutshot and bluffed on river.
Radio starts the hand with $210. I cover. He openraises $6 UTG+1. I raise to $20 with AA. Folded back to him. Not really exciting so far. But now he starts thinking for a long time and requests time. He says: "i need a J on the flop........" and calls.

Flop is JT7 and he bets $55 into $40 pot

I think and think, he says “muck it bro” and I do.

I wanted the hand to sound more interesting (I play boring hands, this is one of the most interesting I have played in a long time) but it’s late. Thoughts?

amoeba
05-31-2005, 07:07 PM
I tend to believe it when he says the " I need a J"

Unless if the guy is so good that he has KK/QQ and is figuring, " if I flop a K or Q I am good and if I flop a J, I get him to fold".

I don't think he thought that deep though.

DoubleDown
05-31-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless if the guy is so good that he has KK/QQ and is figuring, " if I flop a K or Q I am good and if I flop a J, I get him to fold".

[/ QUOTE ]

damn ... that is nice

Malachii
05-31-2005, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't have asked Radioheadfan if he's the same guy that posts on 2+2. It's like hanging a big sign over your head that says "Bluff me!!!"

radioheadfan
06-01-2005, 04:37 AM
I assumed you wouldn't believe me if it hit. It hit, I bet, expecting you to raise, and you folded. Such is poker...nice laydown....