PDA

View Full Version : Is Party Poker getting into the rakeback business?

Derek in NYC
05-31-2005, 06:33 PM
I received this email. Is it a good deal? I used to be a fairly high volume player on Party, but since getting a rakeback deal with Eurobet, I have switched all of my play away from Party.

Dear [redacted],

Earn 17,000 Regular Points between May 28th and June 12th, 2005, and we will automatically redeem them for $170 in cash by June 15th! The sky’s the limit on the amount of cash back you could earn!

More than just merchandise and tournament entries, we know you like cash back. So we invite you to take advantage of this limited-time offer!

As one of our most valued players we want you to know we are listening to your comments and concerns about PartyPoker.com, and we are acting on these issues quickly. If there is anything more we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Sincerely yours,

The PartyPoker.com Team

SoftcoreRevolt
05-31-2005, 06:38 PM
I think it would be more +EV to collect cans for two weeks on top of your poke rplaying.

playersare
05-31-2005, 07:02 PM
a penny per party player point (excuse the alliteration) is 5 times better than their previous cashback/freeroll value of 0.2 cents per.

but compared to standard rakeback at high limits it's probably not even close. I previously calculated the per-hand earnings value of party points to be just under a maximum of 0.5c per hand (that includes 2x for happy hour). even if you multiply that by 5 that would only end up being 2.5c max per hand, which is paltry compared to bonuses and/or rakeback at the limits required to hit those max point values.

it's better than nothing if you already play that much volume to begin with, but it's certainly not worth pursing in of itself.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1963714