PDA

View Full Version : ITM - ($33) AJ with a raise in front of me

Scuba Chuck
05-31-2005, 04:53 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t2115)
SB (t3315)
Hero (t2570)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.

<font color="blue"> Okay, with the blinds this small, I think there's more than just push fold here. I'd be interested in anyone's preflop strategy. How can I extract the most info out of villains' hand? </font>

KingDan
05-31-2005, 04:54 PM
How big was the raise and by whom?

MrX
05-31-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t2115)
SB (t3315)
Hero (t2570)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.

<font color="blue"> Okay, with the blinds this small, I think there's more than just push fold here. I'd be interested in anyone's preflop strategy. How can I extract the most info out of villains' hand? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

more info please, what was the action leading up to you.

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Button (t2115)
SB (t3315)
Hero (t2570)

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post is missing crucial info n0000b!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to know the raise size....and recent action...if you were 8 tabling and on STT #367 in 4 days then I will forgive you if you forget....but at the table your *feeling* on this matter is v v important here.

All that being said...you should likely push. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Yugoslav
Who would guess the raise is from t500-t600....

AA suited
05-31-2005, 05:49 PM
assuming the raise is 400-600 chips, i would call and play post flop. the blinds are small enough that you dont have push and to risk being dominated, or a coin flip.

if the raiser was the button, a stop n go is an option.

if the riaser was sb, i have no idea what the correct move is. *I* would call his flop bet incase it's a continuation bet, and fold on the turn if he fires a 2nd volley. if he checks on the turn, i bet. river= ?

then again, i suck at post flop.

johnnybeef
05-31-2005, 05:56 PM
i love a stopngo here.

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i love a stopngo here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are enough A hands the villian is playing like this where you may *want* to put him to the test preflop. I haven't given this hand nearly enough thought to feel too strongly about pushing instead of stop n go, however.

The other thing is that with such a MONSTER HAND 3H I want the damn chips and to take down 1st....if he raised to t500 and I call then push, I only get those chips and there *is* considerable risk that he calls me on the flop with the best hand (at that point).

I say push....

SHIP IT!

Yugoslav
Who *still* wants to know the rais size....c'mon No0oba Chuck!

Phil Van Sexton
05-31-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i love a stopngo here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Delete this post before Curtains logs on.

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i love a stopngo here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Delete this post before Curtains logs on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you rather Scuba PVS here or should he Gambo this one?

/images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Personally I wouldn't mind a stop n stop n go...if one wants to play this post flop.

Yugoslav

Scuba Chuck
05-31-2005, 09:05 PM
I apologize. Missing some very important information.

Button mini-raises to t400. Folded to me.

Whats your thought?

Edit: Villain is not an idiot. He was a solid player all game.

Bigwig
05-31-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Whats your thought?

[/ QUOTE ]

All-in preflop.

BTW, who said stop n' go? I'll take Curtains job for him here--Stop N' Go is awful here.

EDIT--Why did I capitalize Stop N' Go the second time I typed it? Very weird.

johnnybeef
05-31-2005, 09:12 PM
just throwing it out for discussion....i hate pushing in this position, and i dont know why....it just feels wrong.

Bigwig
05-31-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just throwing it out for discussion....i hate pushing in this position, and i dont know why....it just feels wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? You're a favorite over any typical hand the Button would raise with, let alone mini-raise with. Also, you have fold equity. Stop n' go... blah.

johnnybeef
05-31-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? You're a favorite over any typical hand the Button would raise with, let alone mini-raise with. Also, you have fold equity. Stop n' go... blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

because i didnt see the action in the original post. i definately push this to a minraise....that being said, i like a stop n go if he raises it in the neighborhood of 700

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Whats your thought?

Edit: Villain is not an idiot. He was a solid player all game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is a min-raise his standard move? Not that it matters much...I'm pushing this in any event I guess.

Although I identified at least half a dozen $55ers in the last couple of days whose MO was to basically min raise instead of push/steal *every single time*...oh, one of these was a multitabler and made one of the worst bubble calls I saw during my 400.....couldn't believe it...if I had 32o the call would have been clearly -$EV (I didn't have 32o btw...and of course got sucked out on, but that's neither here nor there).

Anyway, just interesting that some players are convinced that minraise is the answer to everything....

Come to think of it....vs. a habitual min-raiser I may put in a bet that seems 'restealy' to get allin vs. their crap (or let them re-minraise me...b/c that's what they do...these habitual min-raisers).

Yugoslav

AA suited
06-01-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Whats your thought?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bigwig said:
All-in preflop.

BTW, who said stop n' go? I'll take Curtains job for him here--Stop N' Go is awful here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is the stopNgo bad here?

Bigwig
06-01-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Whats your thought?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bigwig said:
All-in preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is the stopNgo bad here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have plenty of fold equity.

ilya
06-01-2005, 02:42 AM
I would call and lead out for maybe 600 if I miss or hit a Jack &amp; maybe check/call it down if I hit an Ace? That's one possible line anyway.

Degen
06-01-2005, 02:48 AM