PDA

View Full Version : How would you play this hand?

Bigwig
05-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Party $50.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t975)
SB (t1055)
Hero (t985)
UTG (t985)
UTG+1 (t1055)
UTG+2 (t955)
MP1 (t985)
MP2 (t985)
MP3 (t1045)
CO (t975)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls t15, MP3 calls t15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t60) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t50</font>, MP2 calls t50, MP3 folds, SB calls t50.

Turn: (t210) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t300</font>, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t660

kyro
05-31-2005, 04:49 PM
The same way you did.

Bigwig
05-31-2005, 05:59 PM
Bump.

sng-sam
05-31-2005, 07:45 PM
I play it the same way. -RE

smcannon
05-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Forget about the flush draw. His jack very well could be a diamond. Forget about trying to draw a set, you have no odds to call.

Good fold.

bluefeet
05-31-2005, 07:56 PM
I agree with the fold. His minraise is begging to be called. I wouldn't doubt that he would have played it any differently having hit the flush on the flop. Throw in the SB still to act and the over to your TT's....a good place to exit.

TITHEAD
05-31-2005, 08:12 PM
Its a a fold any way you look at it. It may hurt to fold but it has to be done.

LethalRose
05-31-2005, 08:15 PM
nobody here raises with all the limpers?

MastiffPaul
05-31-2005, 08:23 PM
I hesitate to raise because players here, especially in this round, tend to be very loose. If they all call, I must be wary of any and all overcards on the flop, yes? I suppose if I raised preflop, I'd make it an especially big raise.

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 08:29 PM
would i be wrong to raise pre flop thinking i had a chance to make them fold

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

now that i think about it i would raise pre flop and push on the flop or raise big ..
i think this is the correct play.

doesnt matter if your black or white

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 08:41 PM
I check this flop.

I fold on the turn there if played that way.

Yugoslav

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check this flop.

I fold on the turn there if played that way.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i am too agressive..
if one over card came on the board then i would consider still pushing the flop depending on the players in the pot.. but if i got called preflop its easy to think i have the best hand which againt 1 opp would still be the best hand 2/3 of the time which makes an easy case to follow that up with a follow up bet..

in this case my preflop raise would have worked well.

maybe im just more agressive than the avg 2+2er.. holla

doesnt matter if your black or white

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

now that i think about it i would raise pre flop and push on the flop or raise big ..
i think this is the correct play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious or joking? I can't tell b/c you put that stupid signoff on so many of your posts now...

How much do you propose one raises preflop? And do you propose pushing the flop in the hand above or after raising preflop?

Yugoslav

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 09:32 PM
not joking.. i raise and if i have two callers on the flop i push if one then i bet 3/4 the pot. in the long run i'll have a +EV. pushing the flop depends on how big the pot is and the action after i raise preflop

Bigwig
05-31-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not joking.. i raise and if i have two callers on the flop i push if one then i bet 3/4 the pot. in the long run i'll have a +EV. pushing the flop depends on how big the pot is and the action after i raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop doing that.

Seriously.

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop doing that.

Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

would you like me to joke more? or check preflop instead of raise? becasue checking preflop doesnt make sense to me..

way tooo passive. and if im wrong geezz voltron was right about this forum.. everyone states their points but doesnt back them up

durron597
05-31-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop doing that.

Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

would you like me to joke more? or check preflop instead of raise? becasue checking preflop doesnt make sense to me..

way tooo passive. and if im wrong geezz voltron was right about this forum.. everyone states their points but doesnt back them up

[/ QUOTE ]

Biggest. Troll. Ever.

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop doing that.

Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Biggest. Troll. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
yah i agree

pokerlaw
05-31-2005, 10:44 PM
Preflop - check is perfectly fine. Every once in awhile I tend to RR in this situation to around 110 or so - but i play on UB, so with the shallower stacks a limp is more frequent a play.

I like the postflop bet - you have a solid hand at this point and most times i feel a bet like that takes the pot. However, the two callers are some cause for concern. With that said, why bet the turn? Overcard aside, someone - especially the second caller - might very well have a flush here. I check the turn, probably check-fold it unless the betting gets pretty questionable - a min bet for example.

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop - check is perfectly fine. Every once in awhile I tend to RR in this situation to around 110 or so - but i play on UB, so with the shallower stacks a limp is more frequent a play.

I like the postflop bet - you have a solid hand at this point and most times i feel a bet like that takes the pot. However, the two callers are some cause for concern. With that said, why bet the turn? Overcard aside, someone - especially the second caller - might very well have a flush here. I check the turn, probably check-fold it unless the betting gets pretty questionable - a min bet for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN. the other half of the time i would do this too

ChrisCo
05-31-2005, 10:53 PM
If you want some one to explain it here it goes. You have very little understanding of proper strategy in the Party Sng's. You should never take big risks early on because a good player will have a bigger edge later in the tourney than in the beginning of a tourney. Raising 10 10 out of the blinds and getting pot committed to the hand is exactly what you don't want to do, especially when the whole table has limped to you. Play for set value by checking preflop.

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want some one to explain it here it goes. You have very little understanding of proper strategy in the Party Sng's. You should never take big risks early on because a good player will have a bigger edge later in the tourney than in the beginning of a tourney. Raising 10 10 out of the blinds and getting pot committed to the hand is exactly what you don't want to do, especially when the whole table has limped to you. Play for set value by checking preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i finish 7-10th less than 20% of the time. and everyone keeps talking about pushing edges early on.
and maybe im too used to STARS FTP AND UB stacks.

lastchance
05-31-2005, 11:05 PM
You could check-raise the flop, but I doubt that gets enough chips in the middle.

I play this the same way you did, I think you played it perfectly.

ChrisCo
05-31-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i finish 7-10th less than 20% of the time. and everyone keeps talking about pushing edges early on.
and maybe im too used to STARS FTP AND UB stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to hate on you or put you down but what stakes do you play? I'm pretty sure I have read that you play the 5's or the 10's. Much weaker competition in these games. Some moves that you can pull in these games would be punished by the good players in the 1000 chip games. When you have limpers to you in the higher buy in games they aren't gonna call your raise with trash like they do in the games you play. You will be getting paid off alot less and raped for your stack much more.