PDA

View Full Version : Turning Stone 10/20

BigSkiRace
05-31-2005, 04:26 PM
10/20 TS:

I am in the BB with Qh6h

Non Regular But good female player that comes off as a maniac but isnt raises UTG+1 MP2 and CO both Call, SB folds I call

Flop- Qd 6s 10c I check, hoping to raise if UTG bets and some people fold, I figure I want either everyone staying in or be heads up nothing in the middle (Hows my thinking?) UTG1 bets, all call.....I call (I guess)

Turn- Kd Worst Damn Card I could possibly see, I decide to check call the rest of the way, UTG 1 Checks, 2 folds, I call, she raises....damn....Am I able to get away from it right here?

River Blank...Cant rember....she bets, mp fold, I call...flips over AJ....good hand

piggity
05-31-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I decide to check call the rest of the way, UTG 1 Checks, 2 folds, I call, she raises

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't follow this action. Whose bet are you calling?

spoohunter
05-31-2005, 05:21 PM
There was no way for you to win this hand, so I wouldn't worry about it, but I really can't see checking this flop.

With a strong, but vulnerable hand in bigger pots you want to focus on eliminating gutshots. I would have lead, hoping the preflop raiser had a queen or a big pair (or even A10) and would raise me. This forces gutshots to call two bets cold. Unfortunately it also gets hands like middle pair with a kicker lower than queen and bottom pair to fold, hands you really want to stay in.

Check raising is ok, but what you really want to happen is someone in LATE position to bet, or preflop raiser to be, have someone raise, and three bet, because the preflop raiser almost always has 4-5 outs on this flop.

Given that you checked, preflop raiser bet, and there weree plenty of calls, you might as wel check raise because you have a great equity edge.

andyfox
05-31-2005, 06:35 PM
I'd have folded pre-flop. When one plays Q-6, the turn card usually is bad.

onegymrat
05-31-2005, 08:06 PM
That's brutal, Andy.