PDA

View Full Version : 40-80 Borg Check-Calling AK

freehat
05-31-2005, 03:40 PM
40-80 Borg on a sunday afternoon. I have a tight image and am a young looking white kid, whose hands still slightly shake when I bet so older guys think they can push me around. The villain has been playing all night and has complained about beats and has been slightly tilted. In our only encounter prior to this hand I capped the villain's 3-bet from the button from the SB with AA and he tried to bluff me out on 7-8-9-10 board with a turn raise that I called and then called a river blank. Villain has also cold-called 3 bets with KQs to tight raisers and has been 3-betting liberally.

So onto the hand I am now to the right of the villain and open in the hi-jack with AKo suits unimportant as villain 3-bets from the cutoff, both blinds fold as we take the flop heads-up.

flop: Q73 rainbow check-call
turn: 7 check-call
river: 5 check-call

highlife
05-31-2005, 04:06 PM
how laggish is the villain postflop?

check raise the flop...bet out the turn, fold to a raise....

Jeffage
05-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Checkraise the flop or turn. I was in this game, but am having trouble remember who you were. I was the mid-20's white guy in I think (the 3 seat). Were you the one organizing the time pots?

Jeff

Senor Choppy
05-31-2005, 07:38 PM
I don't understand the point of a turn check-raise.

Jeffage
05-31-2005, 08:45 PM
I misread the post and thought he had AQ. My bad.

Jeff

lil feller
05-31-2005, 09:10 PM
The "bet and fold to a turn raise" line is insane against LAGGY opponents. We want bluffers to keep bluffing, and you don't beat aggression with aggression in this spot. Check/calling is the best course of action here.

Betting and folding to a raise is fine against an ABC opponent that won't raise unless you're drawing dead. Villian here is clearly a thinking player, and is obviously playing his opponents hand. Save the aggression for when you have something, but against this kind of player, you need to be committed to keep calling when you think you started with the best hand, unless he gives you reason to do otherwise.

lf

lil feller
05-31-2005, 09:11 PM
perfect.

lf

freehat
05-31-2005, 10:08 PM
No I wasn't the one organizing time pots. I was in the 2 seat and then moved to the 10 seat. Did you move from the 3 seat to the 5 seat?

Jeffage
05-31-2005, 10:45 PM
I played a lot of cards, so it's kinda hazy /images/graemlins/cool.gif. But, I think I was in the 5 seat, not sure if I started in the 3 and moved, but sounds possible. I was beating the game pretty well, but not totally destroying it. That one guy in the 9 seat was giving me some trash talk cause we have some history where I sucked out on him a bunch in one session. Good natured I think, sorta. I still can't picture who you are...maybe cause you didn't play many hands. Am I who you're thinking of? I'm sure I'll see you down there.

Jeff