PDA

View Full Version : Is This Disconnect-Protect Abuse?

snappo
05-31-2005, 03:03 PM
SB "disconnected" when facing the $30 turn bet. Is this something I should report to PP or is it most likely just a meaningless coincidence?

Results are shown as that may help determine whether it was intentional or not.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($94.5)
SB ($91.25)
BB ($211.53)
UTG ($118.45)
Hero ($101.25)
MP1 ($100)
MP2 ($200.8)
MP3 ($118.65)
CO ($98.5)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $4, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($13) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, MP2 calls $12, SB calls $12.

Turn: ($49) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, MP2 folds.

River: ($79) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $79

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 9s 9d (one pair, nines).
Hero has Qd Qs (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins $79. </font>

xorbie
05-31-2005, 03:07 PM
It certainly could be.

vanHelsing
05-31-2005, 03:31 PM
I would just report it to alerts@partypoker.com

You will get an answer like:
We have looked into the players records and collected all previous
hands in which this player used the protection. Our goal was to look for a
pattern where the player usually disconnects in key moments.

Some of the parameters we use when investigating possible protection
abuse:

- The playerıs cards at the time of disconnection.
- The playerıs previous action (whether he was betting/raising) and
also the actions of the other players at the time of disconnection.
- The benefit obtained by a player disconnecting
- The timing of disconnection
- A players pattern of disconnections
- Previous allegations made by other players and/or the system

Let them decide what it was.

snappo
05-31-2005, 03:34 PM
Thanks.

btetreau
05-31-2005, 03:42 PM
It could be, it could not be.

I was recently on the other side of this coin holding QQ in late position and the flop came Kxx, but I got disconnected right before that and didn't even see the flop. To make it worse, someone bet big into me on that flop. Obviously I timed out and was considered all-in, and lost the pot anyway. When I reconnected there were a lot of comments such as "you f-in cheater! cheater!" and it was quite unnerving to see how many people will convince themselves that they know what happened and run with it.

That being said, I would certainly make a note on this player indicating which hand it happened with, and if it happens again definitely report them. I can't understand why the sites who offer that protection wouldn't simply put a rule in their software that says "if this person has done it more than 5 times in one month, automatically send e-mail to someone who works there and get someone inhouse to look at the circumstances and remove it from their account if the situations are sketchy". Most sites probably do monitor those activites and I bet that something gets flagged somewhere every time it happens. Ok, just rambling now....

theredpill5
05-31-2005, 04:43 PM
We are seeing this stuff a lot lately with regards to Party Poker. I think Party Poker has actually provided disconnect all-ins as a kind of favor to the more honest players. They claim to have software that detects if a person's internet disconnects but I was recently disconnected all-in when I just let the timer run out. My internet connection was fine but I believe party poker let me see the river just out of curtosy to me.

DGB13
05-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Report it. PP will check it out. First time I played NL and went all in on the turn some yoyo disconnected on me. I emailed party and they researched his play and responded to me with their findings (player had a history of disconnecting on raised pots). He's not playing there under the same screen name now.