PDA

View Full Version : overkill?

AZK
05-31-2005, 12:40 PM
fantastic 2/5/5 game. Game is playing really loose/aggressive preflop but not too many people have a clue. I make it 35 to go (with about 3k behind) with 22 after several limpers. I get 3 callers (standard). 1st caller has at least 1600 behind, I can't really see and is running unbelievably hot. 2nd guy has about 1000 and snapped off a pretty big bluff I made. 3rd guy is irrelevant.

Flop K82 twotone.

Checked to me, I bet 200, first two call.

Turn 5o

Checked to me again, I bet 1000.

I'm becoming a big fan of the raise a pocket pair and overbet the flop when it comes low. This wasn't exactly low, but these people will call anything with a draw and given my image I feel like they would call a flop overbet.
The first guy calling is a draw, the 2nd guy calling is him seeing if I will fire again (feels like once people catch you bluffing once, they always want to look you up). Turn might have been overkill, first player would probably call 500 with a flush draw.

Edit: I thought there was probably a 30-40% chance that the first play would call on the draw. He doesn't have a clue. If he folded, I would say it's about 25% that the 2nd player calls me trying to think I'm bluffing. If the first calls, the 2nd definitely folds. I don't know if any of this matters.