PDA

View Full Version : Meh, his limping scared me.

Freudian
05-31-2005, 12:07 PM
Sixhanded with blinds of 50/100. I have 750 chips and get AJo on the button. A tight guy who has a preflop raise of 1.5% (over 150 hands) limps in before me. I fold.

Too weak? I figure my AJo doesn't look all that great against his limping range. Which sounds absolutely insane.

Anyway, flop was QTx with two spades and he pushed to take it down, so that didn't give me any clues.

Unarmed
05-31-2005, 12:19 PM
You need to take into account the limper's position and what % of his stack he just called off.

Freudian
05-31-2005, 12:20 PM
UTG. He had me covered but not by all that much. I would guess ~1000.

Unarmed
05-31-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If a seemingly intelligent player calls off >10% of their stack UTG they most likely have a monster, especially if there's a short stack in the blinds.

MrX
05-31-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If a seemingly intelligent player calls off >10% of their stack UTG they most likely have a monster, especially if there's a short stack in the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

seemeingly intelligent players rarely have preflop raise %'s of 1.5% though. I think his VPIP would be more helpful here if he plays a lot of pots than push this baby.

I concede that the definition of "semi-intelligent" is quite broad though.

Knowing all the table stats..players and stack sizes would help, but I push this.

MrX