PDA

View Full Version : Absolute software update is unreal! looks like they fixed it...

pokermachine
05-31-2005, 11:58 AM
What a difference AP is really on the fast track now with the software stuff.

HentaiGaijin
05-31-2005, 12:04 PM
You have never posted anything that wasn't "absolute poker gush gush gush"

-----[] swing that ban hammer baby!

Lost Wages
05-31-2005, 12:05 PM
Absolute is rigged, stay away.

Lost Wages

MadMat
05-31-2005, 12:12 PM
When was this update ? I tried playing there again this weekend, was seduced by the sheer volume of bonus emails hitting my inbox!

it kept dropping me from the waiting lists, and then when I finally made it to a table completely locked up my PC after about 20 hands!

I've now cashed out and uninstalled the software.

Mat

pokermachine
05-31-2005, 12:15 PM
well i am not sure if it will help you but my machine is running like a dream! /images/graemlins/smile.gif plus the games are weak.

toss
05-31-2005, 12:18 PM
I must say the software seems a helluva lot faster and smoother.

gila
05-31-2005, 12:25 PM
but does it look any different, cause it was god-awful ugly.

toss
05-31-2005, 12:32 PM
Sadly no. Blue and orange are opposite colors I believe. They need to use complimentary colors.

OldYoda
05-31-2005, 12:33 PM
Still butt ugly but definitely seems smoother and faster. Looks like a step in the right direction.

dlk9s
05-31-2005, 12:42 PM
One nice addition is when there's an all-in showdown, the cards get dealt out slowly to build a little drama. I like that.

Beavis68
05-31-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One nice addition is when there's an all-in showdown, the cards get dealt out slowly to build a little drama. I like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that extra time was so the RNG could figure out which cards needed to come to make you lose in the most dramatic and long shot fashion possible.

razor
05-31-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck!

RunDownHouse
05-31-2005, 01:18 PM
I am in a massive, drawn-out-over-weeks exchange with their CS right now.

Definitely not what I've come to expect from them, and definitely not a good sign.

And no, it has nothing to do with a cashout, those are fine as usual.

highlife
05-31-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am in a massive, drawn-out-over-weeks exchange with their CS right now.

Definitely not what I've come to expect from them, and definitely not a good sign.

And no, it has nothing to do with a cashout, those are fine as usual.

[/ QUOTE ]

could you tell us generally what its about? if it is something that would raise a red flag for others...it would be nice to know before its too late. thanks!

Lost Wages
05-31-2005, 02:53 PM
Rumor has it.

Lost Wages

toss
05-31-2005, 02:57 PM
Hmmm kinda scary. Where did this rumor come from?

mattw
05-31-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

teddyFBI
05-31-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no rumor. Absolute is fine.

Lost Wages
05-31-2005, 03:29 PM
There is no rumor. Absolute is fine.

Coming from someone with "FBI" in their username. Doesn't inspire much confidence.

Lost Wages

RunDownHouse
05-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Closing my account. At first it was, "Security must review, blah blah blah," and now for the past week its been, "Sorry, we'll do that today/right away!" Ad nauseum.

arod4276
05-31-2005, 03:46 PM
update didnt do a thing ..... stfu already..arod4276

Sifmole
05-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Are/Were you RunDownHouse on AP? If so, you seemed to do okay there why the account closing?

gila
05-31-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are/Were you RunDownHouse on AP? If so, you seemed to do okay there why the account closing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reopen w/ rakeback?

RunDownHouse
05-31-2005, 07:01 PM
Bingo on both counts.

MicroBob
06-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Hi everyone -

Glad the update is working for many of you.
I think that AP has had two different aspects they have been working on. Was one of them to do with their servers or something?? I don't know.

Many of you know that they contacted me and I briefly was working with them on how much of a resourcehog it has been on my computer.
Wasn't a big deal...i just talked to their tech-guy on the phone and he asked me questions on this and that and the other thing.

I even received a PM from someone asking me to thank AP for fixing their bugs and that they would be playing there much more.

I'm sad to say that whatever it is they are doing to speed things up for so many of you has zero effect for me. I just got the update a few minutes ago.
Whenever I open just one table on their site my CPU Usage shoots up to 90% and flat-lines up there. I don't even need to be sitting at the table for this to happen...just have to open one up and my computer is crawling, the fans and drive inside are whirring like crazy, etc etc.

I simply cannot play there because of this (I'm not sure how much I would anyway) and it's not something that I get at any other site I play (party/skins, stars, ub, paradise, pokerroom, bodog, crypto, pacific, true).

I believe they are still working on the problem that more directly effects me and some other users.
But it's obvious that the yare attempting to fix their site and it's just as obvious that some of their recent repairs have been beneficial for many of you.

nsdjoe
06-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Does anyone know if Absolute has a problem with people closing their accounts and re-opening with rakeback?

tripdad
06-01-2005, 04:49 PM
last week, i got an e-mail from absolute offering to give me cash for the points i had. i hate the site, so i took the $$$. it was $39.00, and i was tickled.

the next day, i logged in to cash out...lo and behold, i couldn't cash out less than $50. damn if i didn't have to sit at a .25/.50 N/L table(wouldn't let me sit at higher limit) for an entire orbit before getting over the $50 mark. worst 10 minutes i've spent in months.

cheers!

wbrumfiel
06-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Is this really something new? most sites that I know wont let you cash out less that $50.

flair1239
06-01-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I even received a PM from someone asking me to thank AP for fixing their bugs and that they would be playing there much more.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was me. The improvement on my comuter was dramatic. I had quit playing AP when I had other sites open, because it would crawl and lock up my CPU.

Last night I played 500 hands on AP, I also had Eurobet tables and UB tables running as well. I experienced no conflicts, and Absolute was running almost as fast as Eurobet and just as smooth.

It is kind of interesting, becuase the Pokerroom has the same effect on my CPU, that AP seems to have on Bob's. I am actually thinking of abandoning the PR reload bonus because it is so slow on my machine.

grimel
06-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Right now I can 3 table Absolute with many fewer headaches than Interpoker with 2 tables. And AP is faster. Never thought I'd say that, but AP has been flying since the upgrade last week.

Piers
06-02-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just tried it on my four monitor set up. CPU usage shot right up to 100% and stayed there as usuall.

So no improvment as far as I am concerned, still need to play across two computers.

flair1239
06-02-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just tried it on my four monitor set up. CPU usage shot right up to 100% and stayed there as usuall.

So no improvment as far as I am concerned, still need to play across two computers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder what is causing this. I have not checked my CPU usage the last couple days, but yet I have noticed improvement and it is dramatic.

I only three-table. But before when I would run Absolute, I could only run one table and only play at one other site, because it would slow to a crawl if I did anything else.

However now, it seems I can play whatever combination I want. For me speed wise, Absolute is perorming almost as well as Eurobet, and as good as if not better than Paradise.

Piers
06-02-2005, 02:32 PM
It does not handle multiple monitors properly. When I play with only one monitor its ok.

nsdjoe
06-02-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It does not handle multiple monitors properly. When I play with only one monitor its ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Supporting multiple monitors is a Windows function, why would Absolute have anything to do with this?

Piers
06-02-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Supporting multiple monitors is a Windows function, why would Absolute have anything to do with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know, I would have to debug their source to find out.

MarkGritter
06-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Hm... customer service told me they couldn't do that. Maybe I should ask again before I put any money in.

nsdjoe
06-03-2005, 12:08 PM
FWIW, Absolute is working great for me now. With three tables open, my CPU usage averages around 10%, and each ho.exe (the process that runs the individual tables) only uses around 10MB of RAM.