PDA

View Full Version : Have you purchased and do you use Poker Prophecy?

Karak567
05-31-2005, 11:20 AM

LeVoodoo
05-31-2005, 12:30 PM
As a follow up question: What level do you play and do you find it useful at that level?

I just moved to party so I don't yet have any of these newfangled toys, but i'm thinking at the 11s and 22s, this is going to be really useful because there is a huge difference between a good player and a bad player at this level.

Scuba Chuck
05-31-2005, 12:36 PM
I have purchased poker prophecy. I use poker prophecy.

I use PP for two reasons. One, I 6 table, and I do run into quite a few of the same players. I want to know if the ones I'm running into are taking from the game, or are they donating to the game.

Two, every now and then, I'll quick go and look up a players stats to help me make a decision. How much does this info help me in making a decision? Maybe 5%. I've got to really be on the fence to let that info sway me one way or the other. Sometimes I look it up even if it isn't that close, just to see how much of a donk he/she is. But unless I think I'm a 60%+ favorite, I'm pretty much folding/not playing anyway.

But the reality of it is, poker prophecy helps me most in pregame table selection. I try to avoid tables with too many "pros."

Scuba

MrX
05-31-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have purchased poker prophecy. I use poker prophecy.

I use PP for two reasons. One, I 6 table, and I do run into quite a few of the same players. I want to know if the ones I'm running into are taking from the game, or are they donating to the game.

Two, every now and then, I'll quick go and look up a players stats to help me make a decision. How much does this info help me in making a decision? Maybe 5%. I've got to really be on the fence to let that info sway me one way or the other. Sometimes I look it up even if it isn't that close, just to see how much of a donk he/she is. But unless I think I'm a 60%+ favorite, I'm pretty much folding/not playing anyway.

But the reality of it is, poker prophecy helps me most in pregame table selection. I try to avoid tables with too many "pros."

Scuba

[/ QUOTE ]

what levels are you referring to scuba?

Scuba Chuck
05-31-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what levels are you referring to scuba?

[/ QUOTE ]

$33s. I've just successfully learned how to 6 table, and hope to be 8 tabling soon. When I 4 tabled, I didn't notice as many of the same names, but it's starting to happen now. And I can imagine that I will notice even more 8 tabling.

I really like the new "hold" seat feature Party established. It allows me to grab a seat and watch the others sit down, and or read their notes before I finally sit. I also use Empire, so I can't get the overlay feature to work.

LeVoodoo
05-31-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I really like the new "hold" seat feature Party established. It allows me to grab a seat and watch the others sit down, and or read their notes before I finally sit. I also use Empire, so I can't get the overlay feature to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

You manage to check notes and lookup poker prophecy in the 15 seconds party gives you to sit down?
You must be fast, unless the 33s fill up much slower than the 11s.

bearly
05-31-2005, 01:28 PM
hey folks , i am a goon at the search tool. i even screw up on google. could someone leave the link here for the purchase site? am willing to take moderate flaming for this . starting w/ sitting bull, i mean, citanul. thanks in advance, bear/hal

Scuba Chuck
05-31-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You manage to check notes and lookup poker prophecy in the 15 seconds party gives you to sit down?
You must be fast, unless the 33s fill up much slower than the 11s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. No, I use pokerprophecy to help me take notes. I don't use PP in conjunction with sitting down. For example, if I know someone has a pro rating in pokerprophecy, I put it in their notes.

For example, if I've got time, I'll put some names of the people to my left into pokerprophecy in the early rounds. If their stats come up with over 100 games played, then I will mark in the players notes "pp:pro ($33)" Which means poker prophecy: Pro (highest buyin with which player has pro status).

Hope that helps. FWIW, on the $11s & 22s, I would not take any notes on players unless they are players you want to avoid. That way you can just grab a seat, and wait to see who else sits down. If there is only one other player who has a note, then sit down. IF there's two, maybe. If there's 3 or more, move on.

MrX
05-31-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey folks , i am a goon at the search tool. i even screw up on google. could someone leave the link here for the purchase site? am willing to take moderate flaming for this . starting w/ sitting bull, i mean, citanul. thanks in advance, bear/hal

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play SNG's at all at Party the spammers put it in the chat box all the time.

"Is the player sitting to left a fish....blah blah blah."

I am going to go out on a limb and guess you should be able to figure this one out on your own.

Sometimes the obvious answer is correct.

MrX

Degen
05-31-2005, 01:50 PM
don't leave home without it!

Andre

Degen
05-31-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
really like the new "hold" seat feature Party established. It allows me to grab a seat and watch the others sit down,

[/ QUOTE ]

ya baby! never thought of that one...thx scuba

Andre

jgunnip
05-31-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you play SNG's at all at Party the spammers put it in the chat box all the time.

"Is the player sitting to left a fish....blah blah blah."

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever this comes up I always put a "What's a fish?" comment into the chat. I saw somebody do it here before and I thought it was pretty funny. I've done it three times without a response. meh.

Oh, and for the poll. I don't have Prophecy. I currently play the $11s and don't think its all the neccessary.

Hasy
05-31-2005, 03:50 PM
poker prophecy sucks and those guys still owe me what i paid for it but they are refusing to give me a refund...

ilya
05-31-2005, 04:11 PM
Haven't bought it and I'm not gonna. I just can't imagine there are many SnGs at Party with more than 5-6 good players, and if you can't beat a table with 6 good players and 3 fish, you need to improve anyway.

duke44
06-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Scuba the latest version(4.0) has support for Empire Poker, have you tried it out yet?

[ QUOTE ]
poker prophecy sucks and those guys still owe me what i paid for it but they are refusing to give me a refund...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasy we process all refunds as long as they are in within the 30 day trial period. If you would like to pm me with your info(email, full name) I can take a look at your account and see what can be done.

nova
06-02-2005, 05:08 PM
I've considered it, I've used the trial lookup on 2 people and found it helpful in both cases (helped me make my decision). I agree that it may be a good idea to sit down and punch in some names while your seat is 'held', but you'd have to act fairly quickly to check notes if you see a lot. Still debating if it's worth it or not.