PDA

View Full Version : AKo...bet turn??call river?? no reads

benkath1
05-31-2005, 10:14 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

@bsolute_luck
05-31-2005, 10:27 AM
i'd bet the turn. you still have outs to the straight and i'm not sure if people have the T anyways.

that might change the river a tad, but i fold UI if bet into and check behind obviously if checked to.

gvibes
05-31-2005, 10:29 AM
I bet the turn. On drawy boards like this, I hate being bluffed off the best hand on the river. Reads would help however.

benkath1
05-31-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate being bluffed off the best hand on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

You called it. I'm new to party and forgot how to play .05/.10.

deception5
05-31-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn. On drawy boards like this, I hate being bluffed off the best hand on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this as well - especially since the turn didn't help anyone who missed the flop, you'll often win it right there.

Bodhi
05-31-2005, 01:26 PM
I would play it the same. If the T didn't pair on the turn I would bet again.

-----------------

Oops, forgot this was party .5/1. Yeah, it's likely they have hopeless hands, so bet the turn again.

Brice
05-31-2005, 01:46 PM
I think you could get away with a bet on the turn. However, your going to get called by anyone with a ten. You have to keep in mind though that people are going to hang around with anything. The bet on the flop was a sound play, you had as many as 15 or 16 outs. However, when the board paired, those outs were no longer drawing to the nuts.

To sum it up, you may could have got away with a bet on the turn but the check was not a bad play.

benkath1
05-31-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn. On drawy boards like this, I hate being bluffed off the best hand on the river. Reads would help however.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how about if I am check raised on the turn?

easy fold or call c/r and dump on river if UI?

Buckmulligan
05-31-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd bet the turn. you still have outs to the straight and i'm not sure if people have the T anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. It's close, but only because you might have 10 good outs. Otherwise, I think we get check/raised far too often for a bet to be useful in a three handed situation.

benkath1
05-31-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think we get check/raised far too often for a bet to be useful in a three handed situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was most worried about. What's your action in that case?

Buckmulligan
05-31-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's what I was most worried about. What's your action in that case?

[/ QUOTE ]

If we get checkraised, it means a 10 probably 75% giving us 4 outs on the river and might mean a Q or something like 77 25% of the time, probably giving us around 6 or 7 outs. It may be close, but I'm pretty sure i'm folding.

Keep in mind also, though, that the only reason we bet here is because we think we can take down the pot. Getting check/raised would be awful, getting called is also not good, especially because we can take a freecard. We simply don't have the fold equity to make this bet, IMO, and our semibluff value goes down in this 3 way pot.

jimcrow2
05-31-2005, 04:40 PM
re Brice: Where di you count l5-15 outs on the flop?

Brice: Where do you get 15-16 outs on the flop?

Brice
05-31-2005, 06:14 PM
Nine diamonds for a flush.
Four Jacks for a straight.
Six overcards that would be top pair.

AmarilloJim1
05-31-2005, 07:17 PM
I vote for betting the turn as well.

gvibes
05-31-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So how about if I am check raised on the turn?

easy fold or call c/r and dump on river if UI?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to put a disclaimer on my original post that one con of betting the turn on this hand is that I'm not sure what to do with a c/r. Against a lot of opponents, this means a ten a lot of the time, and I fold. Against LAGier types, I peel.

jimcrow2
05-31-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nine diamonds for a flush.
Four Jacks for a straight.
Six overcards that would be top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brice, He only has a daimond flush back door draw on the flop, so how would that be counted as 9 diamonds - as I understand a back door flush, it is counted - maybe - l to 1-1/2 outs?

Thank you for answering my question. Just trying to learn outs and odds. /images/graemlins/confused.gif [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]