PDA

View Full Version : 1-2 NL Top two, coordinated board, predictable fish...

otnemem
05-31-2005, 09:14 AM
This one has REALLY been bothering me. 1-2 NL B+M. The [censored] on my left is an uber-fish. He's basically funding the table. Two limpers, I limp in CO with JQo, he makes it 10 from the button, two limpers call, I call.

Flop: J-T-x two hearts.

Checks to button fish. He bets $20, fold, fold, back to me. I make it $65. He agonizes a while and calls. The turn is the Q of hearts, completing a whole bevy of fishy draws, but giving me top two pair. I'm going to get torn apart for this one, but I check it. I'll explain why - this guy has been betting his strong hands very strongly. He'll usually check it if he misses, but time after time he makes a +pot bet with top set, flopped flush, etc. So I check and he bets $40. I call, hoping if he doesn't have the made hand, he'll slow down and check through on the river. I'm sort of committing myself to the idea that if he makes a big bet on the river, I could still get away from the hand.

The river is a blank, I check, he bets $80. I fold.

Flame away.

Oh, keep in mind this is $300 max, if that makes a difference.

Ghazban
05-31-2005, 09:58 AM
The preflop call is really really bad. You don't have absolute position and you don't have relative position on the raiser. You said if he missed, he'd check behind, so his flop bet means he's got something. What something could he possibly have that is behind your TPGK? What better hand is he folding? I can't think of any.

I'd rather you bet the turn and fold to a raise than check/call the turn planning on check/folding the river if he bets again (assuming you don't fill, of course). If you're behind on the turn, you only have (at most) 4 outs so check/calling isn't going to give you odds to draw at them.

pzhon
05-31-2005, 10:27 AM
I hate your fold. You said that when he had a big hand, he bet the pot+. So, when he bets $40 into a $170 pot, then bets $80 into a $250 pot, you fold with top 2?

He could have a weaker hand, e.g., AQ flopping overcards+gutshot and turning TPTK. According to your read, he doesn't have a monster. So, why fold on the river?

otnemem
05-31-2005, 10:58 AM
Because I suck ass.