PDA

View Full Version : I play bad

PokerBob
05-31-2005, 09:04 AM
Canterbury 15/30. 9 handed Great game.
MP is old Asian dude who keeps falling asleep. Not too tricky and not very good. Likes to bet and slow-roll winners. SB is kid who is running good and seems to love the fact that I am the "the PokerBob from 2+2". Apparently his friends play good. My image is solid.

MP opens. SB calls. I call in the BB with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Flop (3 players) (6SB)
K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I check, MP bets, SB calls, I raise, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn (3 players) (6BB) 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, I bet, MP folds, SB calls.

River (HU) (8BB) T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB thinks and bets, I call. Meh.

DeeJ
05-31-2005, 12:22 PM
The old "should I try to checkraise nah the board looks scary I better bet and hope he calls or raises me" think-and-bet, huh ... ?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'play bad'. To me, PF is OK. Flop is OK. Turn is OK. River is the only questionmark, and I think with top two pair you have to call. He may have nothing more than KT /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PokerBob
05-31-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The old "should I try to checkraise nah the board looks scary I better bet and hope he calls or raises me" think-and-bet, huh ... ?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'play bad'. To me, PF is OK. Flop is OK. Turn is OK. River is the only questionmark, and I think with top two pair you have to call. He may have nothing more than KT /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like I should have lead the flop and then 3-bet when MP auto raised or perhaps lead the flop, c/r'ed the turn. Thoughts?

Chris Daddy Cool
05-31-2005, 12:50 PM
fold preflop.

flop you can play one way or the other but in aggressive games i like leading with the hopes of 3-betting, but against thinking players who know i am a thinking player, i like checking better.

i'd call the river too.

PokerBob
05-31-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That thought never crossed my mind. I know KJo can be a nasty one, but closing the action getting 5:1, I thought it was an easy call, especially given who the raise came from.

LoosenUp
05-31-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop.

flop you can play one way or the other but in aggressive games i like leading with the hopes of 3-betting, but against thinking players who know i am a thinking player, i like checking better.

i'd call the river too.

[/ QUOTE ]

by the description of the mp(asian)I can't see how a preflop fold can be considered. The river needs to be called also? what did you have the SB on prior to the river card? From the stop and thinking you described gives me the nut flush feeling on the river, but for one more bet I call

DeeJ
06-01-2005, 05:33 AM
By letting MP bet and SB call you are having more money into the pot since they're obliged to put the 2nd bet in. SB appears to be on a draw (either flush or straight) and if you bet and MP raises he may fold if he only has 1 spade. He may fold an open-ended straight draw for 2 bets? The option of a turn checkraise is fine except when a spade or other straight-completing card comes it costs you more when you're behind. The maths are probably pretty close, but I don't see you getting a single spade to fold when the 3rd spade falls. A straight draw might fold for 2 though at the turn not getting sufficient pot odds... edit: from the title of your post I wonder if kid has Q9 /images/graemlins/smile.gif