PDA

View Full Version : just purchased PV, not working?

jkkkk
05-31-2005, 08:29 AM
for some reason PV isn't displaying stats anymore, is there some option i haven't checked or something?

MrTeddyKGB
05-31-2005, 11:53 AM
not working for me either hoping to get some help on this

Benal
05-31-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm having the same problem, as are many other people since downloading the new version, and buying/activating it.

See THIS (http://www.playerview.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=505) thread at the Playerview forums.

I'm disapointed at the lack of support so far. "Jim" their support guy tells me to try a few things, none of them work, and I havent heard from him or anyone at Playerview since (12 hours ago). I mean, the least they can do is offer a refund in the meantime, or at least let me use the older version that expired on May 30th.. it worked fine!!

Frustrated...

MrTeddyKGB
05-31-2005, 12:09 PM
has any one got it to work after not working initialy.

Dangergirl
05-31-2005, 01:34 PM
I've also had trouble getting this to work on one site only..Eurobet. Make sure all the sites are added and that your table layout is set to full ring. Also, read the PV forums as there are quite a bit of posts on this topic.

The old stable version works so much better then the new ones, but I think it expired yesterday and they are no longer going to support it. Before buying it make sure the trial works, as I wish I had done this.

teddyFBI
05-31-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm having the same problem, as are many other people since downloading the new version, and buying/activating it.

See THIS (http://www.playerview.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=505) thread at the Playerview forums.

I'm disapointed at the lack of support so far. "Jim" their support guy tells me to try a few things, none of them work, and I havent heard from him or anyone at Playerview since (12 hours ago). I mean, the least they can do is offer a refund in the meantime, or at least let me use the older version that expired on May 30th.. it worked fine!!

Frustrated...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, chill the fuk out.
Amir is on vacation, Jim is doing all he can -- can't believe you're clamoring for you money back after 12 hrs of no response.

Benal
05-31-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jim is doing all he can

[/ QUOTE ]

And what is that exactly? "Try rebooting your computer". Give me a break.

And to take a vacation a day or two before you start charging for your product on a new version of said product nonetheless, is rather convenient don't you think?

Listen, all I want is for PV to work. If they can't do that, I expect my money back.

Benal
05-31-2005, 02:57 PM
And I forgot to add. Jim has replied to other posts, yet he's ignoring my concerns. Great support huh? Maybe I've been spoiled by Pat's PokerTracker support....

teddyFBI
05-31-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jim is doing all he can

[/ QUOTE ]

And what is that exactly? "Try rebooting your computer". Give me a break.

And to take a vacation a day or two before you start charging for your product on a new version of said product nonetheless, is rather convenient don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you're right, it was all a scam from the beginning -- put hundreds of hours into creating a kick-ass product, then start charging for it and leave the country, absconding with a few thousand. How crafty.

Has it crossed your mind that Jim is actually working on your concerns as we speak? Or do you expect personalized updates every 15 minutes delivered to your door by a Greek scribe?

Chill out. My PV works fine, and yours will too if you pull the red hot poker out of your rear.

Benal
05-31-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

yeah, you're right, it was all a scam from the beginning -- put hundreds of hours into creating a kick-ass product, then start charging for it and leave the country, absconding with a few thousand. How crafty.

[/ QUOTE ]

1- You're an idiot.
2- Where the fukc did I say it was a scam? All I'm saying is that it's pretty stupid to be "unavailable" when you launch a new product. If you can't understand that, see #1.

[ QUOTE ]
Has it crossed your mind that Jim is actually working on your concerns as we speak? do you expect personalized updates every 15 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

An acknowledgement of some kind would be nice. The last time I heard from him, his suggestion was to "Try rebooting your computer".

[ QUOTE ]
Chill out. My PV works fine, and yours will too if you pull the red hot poker out of your rear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, all previous versions of PV worked perfectly. It's not like I'm a PV n00b. You're soooo defensive.. do you work for PV or something?

Benal
06-01-2005, 12:04 AM
FYI - For those with problems with PV version 1.13, they are hosting version 1.01 here:

http://www.playerview.net/playerview-1.01.zip

It works perfectly for me.

tripdad
06-02-2005, 04:20 PM
i think the developers went way too quickly to pay version, myself. i respect their decision to start charging, but they never had a version that didn't have major bugs in it to begin with...at least for me. there was always something going wrong, and i'd have to remove it from my computer and download it again no fewer than 8 times for the couple months i had it (which is why i never donated anything).

IMO, they should go back to a free product until they have the kinks worked out. once they get a stable product that is reliable, i will gladly pay. until then, GT+ it is.

cheers!

Benal
06-02-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think the developers went way too quickly to pay version, myself. i respect their decision to start charging, but they never had a version that didn't have major bugs in it to begin with...at least for me. there was always something going wrong, and i'd have to remove it from my computer and download it again no fewer than 8 times for the couple months i had it (which is why i never donated anything).

IMO, they should go back to a free product until they have the kinks worked out. once they get a stable product that is reliable, i will gladly pay. until then, GT+ it is.

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And the fact that their creator/developer is "unavailable" throughout all of this, is as unprofessional as it gets.

DBowling
06-03-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed. And the fact that their creator/developer is "unavailable" throughout all of this, is as unprofessional as it gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

x2