PDA

View Full Version : Between my wee brother and a foxy lady

Lockjaw
12-20-2002, 10:18 AM
Late stages of a home, winner takes all NLHE tourney. Three players left: me, my wee brother (WB) and a foxy lady (FL). There are 2200 chips in play, i have 550, WB 700 and FL 950. Blinds are 15-30.

I pick up a pair of tens on the button and make it 100 to go. FL calls, WB pushes all in. What should i do?

FL is generally a bit too passive and calls too often, but i can not rule out the possibility that she already has me beat. I have never seen her re-raise in this type of situation, but i have seen her show down aces and kings without once putting in a bet. While i am slightly concerned, she is more likely to have A9, QJs or the like (which she will probably fold).

WB is a good player. Short handed he is aware that my raise does not necessary mean a big hand, but there have not been too many occasions in the past where he has re-raised me. I am fairly certain that he does not have less than a pair of tens, but he may only have overcards.

Should i call?

Lockjaw

Beerfund
12-20-2002, 10:41 AM
Your not committed to the pot and you might be a slight favorite at best, if the chick calls you might be drawing to 2 cards. Since the blinds are still small save your chips and wait until you have a bigger edge.

ohkanada
12-20-2002, 10:48 AM
If you are fairly certain he does not have less than a pair of tens, then at best you are 50/50 and at worst you are looking at 2 outs.

Sounds like a fold. You still have 450 and the blinds are still on the low side.

Ken Poklitar