PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands from NL200, 6max

vanHelsing
05-31-2005, 03:16 AM
I am getting raped at NL200, so I thought I'd post some hands.

Had just <20 hands against villain. So far nothing special. PF ~40/8, AF ~1

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($189.2)
CO ($319)
Button ($737.55)
Hero ($219.1)
BB ($462.7)
UTG ($86.4)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $2, Hero (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($12) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, BB calls $8, Button folds.

Turn: ($28) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $225</font>, Hero folds.

<font color="green"> I used my full 20 sec. to think. Villain said "bye" while I was considering.
Couldn't spot much I can beat, except he was getting fancy w/ AK or a FD. AJ, KQ, JJ, 44 seemed much more reasonable to me.</font>

Final Pot: $273

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($214.2)
SB ($295.6)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($706.4)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($202.7)</font>
MP ($500.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $3</font>, BB calls $2, Hero calls $2, Button calls $2.

Flop: ($16) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($16) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, BB calls $5, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, Button folds, SB calls $10, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $25</font>, Hero calls $183.70 (All-In), SB folds, BB calls $173.70.

River: ($428.40) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $428.40

<font color="green"> Did I overplay this one? I didn't want to get the money in on river, where one of them could have outdrawn me. In NL100, playing it this way, you often get callers showing trips.</font>

barongreenback
05-31-2005, 08:48 AM
I've just started at the $200 6max but your play looks fine.

Hand 1. Big bluffs are always a possibility or something like QhJh or JTs but its more likely you're well beat. How do you play the hand with a different turn card? Do you fold if you get raised on the flop?

Hand 2. I'm pretty sure most people are calling here with a good 9 and probably a bad one.

I had a bad run when I moved from $50 to $100 and worried about how the players were much better than the lower limit. Looking back now, I think I was imaging things and the worry worsened my play.

James

MarkL444
05-31-2005, 09:02 AM
im curious how many hands youve played at this level.

any thoughts on raising pf in hand 1?

hand 2 i think you raised too much on the turn. 100 seems like a nice number. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

vanHelsing
05-31-2005, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you play the hand with a different turn card?

[/ QUOTE ]
If a blank turns, I think I'd play it the same way.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you fold if you get raised on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Given his low AF so far, probably yes. Not the sort of hand I like to carry too far.

vanHelsing
05-31-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im curious how many hands youve played at this level.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing statistical relevant: ~ 1K+

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, seriously no.

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2 i think you raised too much on the turn. 100 seems like a nice number.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but sometimes I like to hammer it, bc it might look weaker than a "reasonable" bet.

Ghazban
05-31-2005, 09:50 AM
Hand 2 is classic second hand low. BB just calls SB's bet, then you raise, and suddenly he's coming over the top. Nobody plays trips that badly, therefore your bottom boat is almost certainly toast. However, he re-reraised so small, I'd probably call it and hope he didn't bet too much on the river.

Hand 1, good fold. The only reasonable hand that you're ahead of that does this is JhTh but its got a ton of odds to beat you. Every other hand has you drawing to (at most) 4 outs.

barongreenback
05-31-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 is classic second hand low. BB just calls SB's bet, then you raise, and suddenly he's coming over the top. Nobody plays trips that badly, therefore your bottom boat is almost certainly toast. However, he re-reraised so small, I'd probably call it and hope he didn't bet too much on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no doubt that BB looks like he is doing his best to avoid having anyone fold but I don't know I'd trust that read enough to avoid getting all my money in. I might get the the money in differently. Mainly I'm thinking, does this situation come up often enough that saving money here is worth much?

MarkL444
05-31-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, seriously no.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, you think its that bad? to me, raising here feels a lot like blind stealing from the button. of course if you dont steal you are oop, but with my experience in this game it will grab the antes quite frequently. still, its just something i mix in. dont usually do it.

Ghazban
05-31-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no doubt that BB looks like he is doing his best to avoid having anyone fold but I don't know I'd trust that read enough to avoid getting all my money in. I might get the the money in differently. Mainly I'm thinking, does this situation come up often enough that saving money here is worth much?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think BB is doing this with that is worse than deuces full?

This situation is not at all uncommon. There are many times where you have a strong hand but the action indicates you are clearly beaten. Saving money in these situations is part of being a good NL player. Without a read in this situation, I'd like to get to showdown cheaply but, if he makes a big bet on the river, I'm folding. The only reason I want to get to showdown is because, if he is a donk who plays trips this way, I want to know and showdown is the only way I'll get that information. However, that information is not worth my stack.

vanHelsing
05-31-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hmmm, you think its that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]
No I don't think it's that bad. I just wanted to state it's a move, I don't have in my arsenal. Usually I prefer to get aggro w/ trouble hands when having position. But it's definitely something to consider.