PDA

View Full Version : are the 1$ getting tougher?

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 02:52 AM
haha i see to many of these..

ive been thinking a lot lately about everyone advocating pushing instead of betting half your stack. ex. BB 200 HERO has 1300 in chips left.
HERO is in SB with K2s.

i understand that its a good idea to push because if you fold after a raise then you will have half your chips and prolly have to gamble them to a coin flip so why not take a coin flip with more chips..
but maybe its better to be patient and let others make mistakes or to wait for better opportunities.. idano i have been losing a lot by pushing the action.

maybe someone can shead some light to this topic for me.
maybe i should post some hands but when i posted in the past everyone says push ..

ideas?

BDarch
05-31-2005, 02:56 AM
the reason to push instead of raising off half ur stack is you are pot committed to calling any reraise so you might as well push and put the maximum pressure on ur opponent

mike28
05-31-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
haha i see to many of these..

ive been thinking a lot lately about everyone advocating pushing instead of betting half your stack. ex. BB 200 HERO has 1300 in chips left.
HERO is in SB with K2s.

i understand that its a good idea to push because if you fold after a raise then you will have half your chips and prolly have to gamble them to a coin flip so why not take a coin flip with more chips..
but maybe its better to be patient and let others make mistakes or to wait for better opportunities.. idano i have been losing a lot by pushing the action.

maybe someone can shead some light to this topic for me.
maybe i should post some hands but when i posted in the past everyone says push ..

ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes a while to get used to pushing trash, but you have to get used to it. You always remember the times you get caught, but never the times it gets folded down.

Folded down to me in the SB I'm defintely thinking about making a move with only t1300. Reads come into play. Has the BB played solid? What's he taking in preflop, what's he playing for raises? Is he protecting often?

Def post bubble hands you thought were questionable, but don't stop pushing.

jcm4ccc
05-31-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i understand that its a good idea to push because if you fold after a raise then you will have half your chips and prolly have to gamble them to a coin flip so why not take a coin flip with more chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason for pushing is to avoid the coin flip. A 3XBB raise means that it is more likely you will be called, and more likely you will be reraised all-in.

Your example of having 1300 chips, blinds 100/200 and K2s in the SB is an obvious push in 90% of situations. Your use of this example makes me wonder if you are too passive on the bubble, rather than too aggressive.

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i understand that its a good idea to push because if you fold after a raise then you will have half your chips and prolly have to gamble them to a coin flip so why not take a coin flip with more chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason for pushing is to avoid the coin flip. A 3XBB raise means that it is more likely you will be called, and more likely you will be reraised all-in.

Your example of having 1300 chips, blinds 100/200 and K2s in the SB is an obvious push in 90% of situations. Your use of this example makes me wonder if you are too passive on the bubble, rather than too aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

i push K2s and a whole lot more im questioning if im pushing too much.. its like im the only one pushing at the table and when i get called its a coin flip.. do that a couple times and well i'll always lose..

jcm4ccc
05-31-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Folded down to me in the SB I'm defintely thinking about making a move with only t1300. Reads come into play. Has the BB played solid? What's he taking in preflop, what's he playing for raises? Is he protecting often?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. You have 1300 chips, blinds 100/200, K2s in the SB, it's folded around to you. Reads on the BB are irrelevant. The most relevant thing by far are stack sizes of your opponents. Very little else matters.

pergesu
05-31-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i push K2s and a whole lot more im questioning if im pushing too much.. its like im the only one pushing at the table and when i get called its a coin flip.. do that a couple times and well i'll always lose..

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm down with bein the only person that plays right.

If you always lose when you push with K2s, you need to recharge your luckbox.

jgunnip
05-31-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you need to recharge your luckbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I've been looking all over for automatic rechargers but no dice.

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 03:40 AM
ok maybe you need a read to answer this but what can you push with 4 players

HERO UTG 1300
XX?
does stack size and reads matter that much?>

what about HERO UTG 1300 with 5 players still left.
XX

WHICH cards would you push with in both cases?

Apathy
05-31-2005, 03:45 AM
The other players stacks, positions and the size of the blinds are more impotant then your hand here.

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 03:47 AM
i think this is a leak in my game

UTG 1300 BB 200 im not sure how to figure what i should push based on my opp. stack size

Apathy
05-31-2005, 03:48 AM
This is one of the most important skills to learn in SNGs, when you get that your bubble play will improve drastically.

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 03:52 AM
right now if i was UTG i would have this thought. how good is my hand.. A10o this is a good hand.. can i raise all in and make everyone fold? should i raise to push around a small stack in the blinds?
this is prolly what i would think.

fluorescenthippo
05-31-2005, 09:04 PM
buy sng powertools and play with it for 8 hours adjusting position, starting hands, blinds, players, stack sizes and take notes on what is +EV. memorize the "formula" you find.

runner4life7
05-31-2005, 09:06 PM
off topic but amazing avatar, i love that cats video and i must have watched the whole thing like 10 times in a row

Ogre
05-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Stop with the BS posts like this please.

Karak567
05-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Um folded to me in the SB, blinds 100/200, 1300 chips... unless the BB is a very loose caller, I'd probably push 72os.

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stop with the BS posts like this please.

[/ QUOTE ]

why bump it if its bs.. haha ogre