PDA

View Full Version : does anyone one here really hate...

blaze666
05-31-2005, 02:16 AM
new music, ie the kaiser chiefs, the killers, the libertines? i really cannot name one single song that was made after 2001. this genre of music is not rock, it is a bunch of nancy boys, with thier designer tanktops (seriously, they ALL wear these!) and their abstract albumm covers, poncing about with their fast yet unmelodic guitar riffs, completly unvaried drum beats, and thier lack of guitar or drum solos it sickens me, it really does. they are all nice boys, with tambourines and piano's, (every band has these as well.) and lyrics that are meant to be really meaningful, and are sung by a camp moron wailingit out like a ballad, and on stage, doing that annoying thing, where they hold onto the microphone, and twist thier head around it, as if they are drunk and trying to support themselves. i could go on, does anyone agree with me here?

Blackjack
05-31-2005, 02:17 AM
I like the Killers. Especially cause they were on the OC soundtrack and performed on the show.

Blackjack

BusterStacks
05-31-2005, 02:20 AM
I really like The Killers because they rock.

Also the OC is gay.

Popinjay
05-31-2005, 02:21 AM
Mr. Brightside is an awesome song

fluxrad
05-31-2005, 02:23 AM
Meh. The Killers are tollerable.

Generally speaking, I'd agree with you that almost all new rock since '01 pretty much sucks. Except for Stephen Malkmus, of course.

nothumb
05-31-2005, 02:26 AM
I used to have the same problem. I solved it by not listening to anything made after 1995 for a while.

NT

blaze666
05-31-2005, 02:28 AM
yes, stick to classic rock, like aerosmith, and guns n' roses.

Soul Daddy
05-31-2005, 02:31 AM
I like them all.

Tron
05-31-2005, 04:24 AM
Good point about the lack of solos... I suppose I never really noticed it, but I just thought about it and I honestly can't think of one in the past several years. Guitar solos are sweet, there needs to be more of them. Drum solos are even sweeter.

Eurotrash
05-31-2005, 04:38 AM
haha, I know what you mean. I love opening OOT music threads and seeing the discussion go a little something like:

oh, well <obscure band>'s <obscure album title> is obviously the best of the year, is it even close?

and then somebody chimes in with:

well <other obscure band> is awesome too

for an example of this phenomenon, see this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2514149&page=2&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

and for a humorous thought on OOT music posts, I'll quote Daryn

[ QUOTE ]
these threads always degererate into a contest of who can name the most obscure bands that suck and nobody has ever heard of.

congratulations all!

[/ QUOTE ]

blaze666
05-31-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
haha, I know what you mean. I love opening OOT music threads and seeing the discussion go a little something like:

oh, well <obscure band>'s <obscure album title> is obviously the best of the year, is it even close?

for an example of this phenomenon, see this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2514149&page=2&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
these threads always degererate into a contest of who can name the most obscure bands that suck and nobody has ever heard of.

congratulations all!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i'll start the contest, athelete, bloc party, snow patrol, radiohead, kasabian, franz ferdinand, razorlight. these bands suck. everyone is like 'oh, look at my, im not going with the flow, im so indie, im so unique!' when really, they are as far from unique, as can possibly be.

Tron
05-31-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

well i'll start the contest, athelete, bloc party, snow patrol, radiohead, kasabian, franz ferdinand, razorlight. these bands suck. everyone is like 'oh, look at my, im not going with the flow, im so indie, im so unique!' when really, they are as far from unique, as can possibly be.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where I must disagree with you. You are absolutely and completely incorrect.

Jack of Arcades
05-31-2005, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

congratulations all!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you idiotic jackass, we listen (some) of those bands because we like them.

Most of us listen to KELLY [censored] CLARKSON for God's sake.

Jordan Olsommer
05-31-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
new music, ie the kaiser chiefs, the killers, the libertines? i really cannot name one single song that was made after 2001. this genre of music is not rock, it is a bunch of nancy boys, with thier designer tanktops (seriously, they ALL wear these!) and their abstract albumm covers, poncing about with their fast yet unmelodic guitar riffs, completly unvaried drum beats, and thier lack of guitar or drum solos it sickens me, it really does. they are all nice boys, with tambourines and piano's, (every band has these as well.) and lyrics that are meant to be really meaningful, and are sung by a camp moron wailingit out like a ballad, and on stage, doing that annoying thing, where they hold onto the microphone, and twist thier head around it, as if they are drunk and trying to support themselves. i could go on, does anyone agree with me here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you're just growing older. That's all it is. The gradual dropping out of sucking on MTV's teat to find out what your own personal tastes are. When someone says "all new music sucks", 99% of the time it's just a symptom of growing up.

Besides, if you want to find good new music, all you have to do is look. I mean, RL Burnside alone released what, like three new albums since 2001, and he's bad-ass.

blaze666
05-31-2005, 06:29 AM
yeah, i agree with that, most people like what they are used to.but most people my age like these bands (im 14) i suppose im an old fart living in the past. and anyway,
g n' r were around before i was born.

Jordan Olsommer
05-31-2005, 06:36 AM
Wow.

Thanks for making me feel ridiculously old.

Uh...

Er...

SHOULDNT YOU BE DOING HOMEWORK OR SOMETHING?

i keed, i keed /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

IndieMatty
05-31-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

congratulations all!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got the stupid "indie" in my name, and theres only one or two good bands you listed. (snow patrol is friggin adult contemporary for chrissakes)

Kelly Clarkson ROOOLZ!

The once and future king
05-31-2005, 10:22 AM
I dont think these bands when writing there music thought "Hmm lets make some music that fans of Guns and Roses and Aerosmith would realy appreciate."

So the fact that you dont like it isnt much of a surprise.

Also just for the record Guns and Roses and Aerosmith = commercial pop rock = sh..it.

poker-penguin
05-31-2005, 11:30 AM
the lemons, monkey heroin, supersystem, Joe's Garage, F train, and 22nd street

are all great

<font color="white"> I made them all up </font> /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Phoenix1010
05-31-2005, 11:34 AM
Don't care to read the second half of your post, or any of the responses. I like the Killers, but haven't heard of the other bands you mentioned. Maybe I'll check them out now. Don't waste your energy hating new/popular things, it's really not worth it.

Dominic
05-31-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...yes, I agree.

Great post.

Your Mom
05-31-2005, 12:48 PM
For the most part I agree. The killers are awful.

KungFuSandwich
05-31-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides, if you want to find good new music, all you have to do is look. I mean, RL Burnside alone released what, like three new albums since 2001, and he's bad-ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hurrah!

If you like RL and Junior Kimbrough you should check out Richard Johnston. He does some pretty cool arrangments.

One of his songs: Do the Romp (http://www.richardjohnston.com/audio/RICHARD_JOHNSTON-Do_The_Romp-3.mp3)
Also Check out Work me Baby if you can find a full version. (all I could find were partials)

His Site (http://www.richardjohnston.com/home.html)

If you can see him live do it. He plays both the guitar and the drums at the same time. It sounds like hes got a three piece band but he does it all by himself.

[censored]
05-31-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the Killers. Especially cause they were on the OC soundtrack and performed on the show.

Blackjack

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes most of the new music sucks and the nancy boy remark is pretty much on target. However I too like the killers and do not include them.

contentless
05-31-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
doing that annoying thing, where they hold onto the microphone, and twist thier head around it, as if they are drunk and trying to support themselves. i could go on, does anyone agree with me here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with your post in general, but while I may not agree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it. I quoted a line I found interesting, however - I suppose Steven Tyler has never done this 'twisting around the microphone' thing? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

blaze666
05-31-2005, 04:45 PM
you got me there... but the crappy boy band version is doing it to try and make the lyrics sound more meaningful, which is stupid, and stephen tyler only does this during the ballads (which i never liked anyway)