PDA

View Full Version : Open-raising in the dark from the button

FishyWhale
12-20-2002, 09:16 AM
Last $3/6 session got 4- and 3-handed in the beginning, and whenever I got the button and there was just the blinds and me, I would raise without looking at my cards (to liven things up but also knowing that I could outplay them later), and continue to play blind on the flop and sometimes even turn (In the first half hour I made over $100 playing short-handed: I was of course lucky but also overran them)

e.g.:

1) I raise, only BB calls. flop: AQx rainbow. BB checks, I check too. Turn: x. BB checks, I blind-bet, he folds, I flip over 96s.

2) I raise, both SB and BB call. Flop: Ah3h7c. I bet, both call. Turn: 7h. Checked to me, I take a look and see ThTs and check too (questionable, I know, but if I got check-raised, I would be in a dilemma because my Th might be good if I make the flush - if I didnīt have the Th though I would have bet and folded to a raise). River: 8s. Checked to me, I bet, SB folds, BB thinks for a while and calls, I win.

3) I raise, SB and BB call, flop is JTx. Checked through. Turn: 8. SB bets, BB folds, I take a look and see 96o and call. River: Q. Checked to me, I gleefully say "straight has to bet" (to go along with my playful image) and bet rather quickly, SB folds (??).

4) I raise, BB calls. Flop: AcJcQd. Checked to me, I bet, BB calls (BB will check-call alot, isnīt a bad player though, rather giving me rope to hang myself). Turn: Tc. BB checks, I check too. River: x. BB bets, I look and see 54o and fold.

What do you think of this strategy?