PDA

View Full Version : Are the Cryptos for Me?

TheHammer24
05-31-2005, 02:05 AM
I've been bonus whoring for about a month now and I have hit up Party (deposit, COMPBONUS, may, april), Empire (depoist, reload), Paradise (Granny, Reload), Multi, BET365, and Eurobet. I still have to do Intertops and POKERNow, but I wanted a brief break from the rape...I mean rake and monotony of the party skins. I was thining about doing two cryptos real quick seeing as they're monthly and may is almost over. I'm a slightly + 1/2 player at Party are the cryptos going to be much tougher. Additionally, what cryptos are the best and how big of a pain is the ECash ID? How fast are payouts...should I just leave money in there? Should I just stay away until I hit up the other sites? Thanks in advance.

RcrdBoy
05-31-2005, 02:23 AM
Cryptos aren't that tough, but they can be pretty tight @ 1/2.

I'm not that great of a player and I'm break even at InterPoker and PokerPlex.

The ECash is no problem, but it takes about a week or two to get the the password. I'm pretty sure the details are on the website.

If you chase bonuses I don't see why you wouldn't do the Crypto sites. They are pretty easy to clear, though InterPoker did just up their requirement to 8x, I think.

They also have odd little promos like small bonuses every time you get KK during a certain weekend. This past weekend every time you played a raked hand @ 1/2 and above you got entered into a random drawing for a trip to Vegas for a lower buy in bracelet event (not the main event).

I think the sights are cool, but I don't play there at all unless I'm clearing a bonus.

FWIW. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dengar
05-31-2005, 02:28 AM
I have a better win rate at the cryptos 1/2 than i do at party. For some reason I beat the crypto games more consistently. I would definitely hit them up on a monthly basis.

HesseJam
05-31-2005, 03:46 AM
The cryptos are good. They are tighter but often also weaker. You'll need a good PC to 4-table.

If you want to try 6-max they are the place to do so.

I am doing Interpoker, PokerPlex and CaribbeanSun. Interpoker is the best bonuswise, IMO.

Immediately have them sent the PIN to you after you signed up. Do not wait until you complete the bonus. Depending on where you live, you will receive the PIN within 1 to 2 Weeks. The PIN is valid for all future transactions, so you need to save it.

dengar
05-31-2005, 03:55 AM
I believe that they send the pin when you make your first deposit. Don't make the mistake of waiting for the pin to come to start playing.

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-31-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cryptos aren't that tough, but they can be extremely weak-tight @ 1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

TimsterToo
05-31-2005, 06:31 AM
Is it possible to clear the bonuses at 0,50/1,- now or do they only count your hands when you play 1,-/2,-?

krimson
05-31-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am doing Interpoker, PokerPlex and CaribbeanSun. Interpoker is the best bonuswise, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. The hourly bonuses (Will Hill, TotalBet, UkBetting and Ritz Club) are way better in terms of clearance rates. 5-table them and you can knock off 25gbp in bonuses an hour.

wmspringer
05-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Depends on the site.

The hourlies you need to play 1/2 or above.
The others count pots raked .25 or more.

OldYoda
05-31-2005, 02:17 PM
I like the crypto sites a lot. The interface is decent and the software is smooth and functional. One nice touch that I like is the voice over that calls the action. Cash outs are quick( with the exception of Will Hill) and the games are beatable with a lot of European players. All in all, I think you are missing a bet if you don't play the cryptos in your bonus rotation.

mattw
05-31-2005, 02:25 PM
i recently cashed out at 4 crypto's at the same time and wm hill was the quickest, under 24hr.

stir
05-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Just for balance realize that at other times Hill can be the slowest. Just do a search with keyword Hill for last month and you'll see what I mean.

stir
05-31-2005, 02:46 PM
While you had favorable responses, there are some negatives especially since you are used to Party software.

Crypto software has problems. Sometimes will freeze up and you have to exit out mid-hand and restart computer. At other times software runs extremely slow (about 25% the speed of Party). At other time you get on a table with one or two idiots working off hour bonus and they take forever to act, particularly on posting blinds or on the flop. Also (generally) the more tables you have open the slower they run because the software is a resource hog.

Have an issue? Customer service is horrible. Often you get no response at all to multiple emails.

You may find the bonuses worthwhile, just realize there is some downside.

mattw
05-31-2005, 02:49 PM
agree with what stir said. with rakeback up to 30% and not deducting from bonus, its well worth it IMHO.

mattw
05-31-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
agree with what stir said. with rakeback up to 30% and not deducting from bonus, its well worth it IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, i have seen multiple tables at limit $1/2 very tight; average pot sizes less than $5. that is too funny.

Rednax
05-31-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on the site.

The hourlies you need to play 1/2 or above.
The others count pots raked .25 or more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Caribbean Sun also requires 1/2 I believe.

TemetNosce
05-31-2005, 03:05 PM
And becoming quite commonplace...